AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
considering all the anti AR15/M16 videos comparing the AK to the AR/M16 if they are its as an indoor target rifle only or for export to Europe. Unless they have improved it somehow I cant see it as much more than a novelty over there..

That's called marketing. Of course the primary MFG's of AK's are going to portray the competition in the worst light possible, just like others try the claim the AK is not accurate. They're both great rifles in which the designers had different intents. They both work just fine...although buying a Russian made AR is sort of like buying a US made AK. Probably not built as well as the ones the original manufacturers that have been putting out for decades.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Heard Izhevsk will be producing Steyr AUG A3's for their market as well. Anything to keep the company going I guess which is always good for business. I wonder if their AR's will have hammer forged barrels?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Will be interesting to see what they sell for, and if they will be available here.
It will not be able to be imported here with the separate pistol grip and stock and ability to accept anything more then a ten round mag just like any other import. Those were reported on last year as being an export only weapon, likely to Euro/Asian military market in order to get a piece of the AR pie as well. The AR fans here would probably turn there noses up at a foreign made version of there American made weapon.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
immediately made me think of this POS

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I can't wait for the Russkies to come out with their version of the Enfield No.4 MkI. uh-huh. can't wait.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Agreed I will stick with Colt, but still interested what the final product looks like, how they hold up, and what countries purchase them.

Maybe they got some help from China, they copy everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts