AK Rifles banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So looking at those pics, I would bet that those are Romanian parts/ wasr 10 parts.
The bolt is serialized so I assume it's not complete dog shit. The trunnion has a serial on the side too. Gunsmith said its all cast but maybe he's wrong.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The bolt is serialized so I assume it's not complete dog shit. The trunnion has a serial on the side too. Gunsmith said its all cast but maybe he's wrong.
That’s odd, the trunnion could be cast. It doesn’t look cast but It’s hard to tell from the pictures look for mold lines and casting marks you can look online and will be able to tell the difference. Also Romanian and polish bolts and trunnions will have what looks like a punch mark that was made with a hardness tester. Usually on the front of the trunnion and on the bolt somewhere arround the bolt head. Will be a mark that looks like it was made with a spring loaded punch. If you find those you’ll at least know it’s at least not total garbage

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That’s odd, the trunnion could be cast. It doesn’t look cast but It’s hard to tell from the pictures look for mold lines and casting marks you can look online and will be able to tell the difference. Also Romanian and polish bolts and trunnions will have what looks like a punch mark that was made with a hardness tester. Usually on the front of the trunnion and on the bolt somewhere arround the bolt head. Will be a mark that looks like it was made with a spring loaded punch. If you find those you’ll at least know it’s at least not total garbage
I know I've seen what looked like a little machining mark on the bolt.. but I'm not sure about the trunnion.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If it was made with a combloc kit it is odd that they would have used a cast trunnion. I am pretty sure every combloc country used forged trunnions, so unless they decided to use a US made trunnion for 922r compliance I can't see why it would be cast. Which would be a pretty bone-headed decision, out of any part to use for 922r the trunnion is NOT one to do it with.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They probably would because it would be evidence. Now there is nothing illegal about selling a gun you made at home. Nor is it illegal, at least federally, to not serialize a home made firearm. The illegal part is where he sold it without serializing it. Homemade firearms have to be serialized if you sell them. So legally he should have carved something on it when he sold it to you.
This is not true. You can sell a home built gun without a serial. The GS doing the transfer can put No Serial. It’s not illegal. This is a case of people making up rules to follow themselves. Sure the GS can turn it away if they want because they too are making up rules to follow.

If you used a bank you can request a refund on the grounds of bait and switch tactics.
If you sent the payment friend/Family paypal(not off a credit card) you’re pretty much stuck with it.

also a good rule to follow is inspect the gun before you do the paperwork. It can always go back then buyer is commuting wire fraud, mail fraud, which is a lot more serious than fibbing on a sale ad.

the thing people here don’t like to do but should ALWAYS pay the protection fee or keep a bank between you and the seller. If there’s one thing banks hate hate HATE, it’s lose THIER money, they don’t give a fuck about YOUR money.
Never use PayPal balance, route PayPal through a credit card.

put it on a credit card so the bank takes the hit. Report fraud and they jump into action(because it’s their money). If it’s all good, pay it off before the bill comes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry Post Repliers, absolutely incorrect people selling 80% receivers fully completed into working firearms..! You’re only allowed to pass it down to immediate relatives; sons, daughters, and grandchildren for example..!

Just because you witnessed people selling completed 80% receiver firearms on open civil market doesn’t make it legal..!

Alphabet mattress police can’t track home made firearms which federal law require serial numbers for firearms transferred unless fall under C&R. If it was legal sale fully functional 80% receiver builds on civil market every gun website and gun shop be flooded with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I've been looking and saving for an AK for months.. found a supposed FB Radom Polish Import from the 90s. Guy swore up and down it wasn't a frankenbuild or a parts kit and it was all original and genuine. I posted it to a few places and nobody caught that it was just a botched home build.. and plus this guy was some old farmer.. I figured who else could I trust. In confidence I paid $1100 for what I thought was a FB Radom AK47... took it to a gunsmith to get it looked at so I could learn more about it and it came to my knowledge that it's just an 80% reciever with no serial that they lasered in the FB markings to make it look genuine, all crappy cast parts (bolt carrier, trunnion ect.), random American wood hand guards, vepr stock, a full auto trigger that was grinded down... just an overall horrible horrible build. The gun light primer strikes, feels like it shoots completely off and the trigger sometimes doesn't wanna reset. According to the gun Smith the way the trunnion was put in it completely messed up the reciever too. Is there any saving this gun? The guy won't refund my money and claims ignorance not dishonesty. Taking him to court would end up costing more than the gun. Ideally I'd like to not just say goodbye to $1.1k and attempt to salvage this gun and make it great. Is it possible and is it worth it?
You must be really nice individual take time to consider options and references. Personally I would as I have dedicate every spare minute and penny make Seller’s life a living hell..! I’ve been ripped off in similar fashion several months ago and every turn I watch and listen for my Seller and his business name every chance I can.

Whenever his business, username, or personal name comes pops up I go on the defensive warning potential buyers beware..! And I’ll continue to the day I die..!

Once you have name and address beyond doubt you can cost that corrupt individual many potential customers..!

But, whatever actions you choose make sure you’re always standing on legal ground. Yes, I would hire attorney, yes, I would use same contact resources he used find you post honest experiences, yes, I would ask attorney if you should contact alphabet mattress police file a report, yes, I would do everything thing legally possible to your last breath daily..!

“The only thing necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing”

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I would call it a learning experience and have a competent GS rebuilt it for you.on a new receiver. You could take it apart and rebuild it yourself.
Get some tools and a rivet squeezer and go to town.
Plenty of You Tube videos showing how to build an AK.
I built my 1964 Romanian kit myself and it shoots great.
Is it perfect no but for my first build I am happy. The next build will be better because I learned a lot on my first one.
Calling the ATF is just going to bring down more trouble than you want .
Stop crying about making a mistake and blame him for anything because it was you that agreed to buy the gun without knowing what you were looking at.
Its OK that you messed up we all have at least once but one thing rings true we learned from our mistakes.
You are part of the club now so welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Suggesting you ruin the mans life and business over a deal where you were lax and didn't do your part to know what to look for is not the way to go trust me.
Please don't be a fool and start trouble and grow up because part of this is your fault too.
I say this because in the past I have been thru a legal issue similar to this ( not gun related) but same kind of situation. Let me say the judge made me realize it was up to me to know better than enter into something where I had no idea what I was doing.
I suffered for many years for pushing the problem to a legal end making myself look like a fool in the end because of my hot head and spite.
I paid my and his legal bills and court costs and lets say that took years.
Sometimes its best to take your lumps and man up and accept you made a mistake.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The guy won't refund my money and claims ignorance not dishonesty.
He represented it as something that it's not and then claims that he was ignorant. Even if this is true, he should still refund your money.

Taking him to court would end up costing more than the gun.
No it wouldn't. In most places you're looking at about $100 plus the effort of filing the paperwork, which often can be done online. Half the time you sue people in small claims court they'll pay you before the court date, a quarter of the time they won't show up and you'll get a default judgement and a quarter of the time you'll have to fight it out with them in court. Just be prepared for new lies. You should definitely take this to small claims court. It's not near as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

where you were lax and didn't do your part to know what to look for is not the way to go trust me.
He's a victim of fraud and not at all to blame. If the guy said that he didn't know what it was, that would be different. In this case, the seller represented it as something that it's absolutely not.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was fraud victim too and thought I had a open and shut case because it was obvious.
I ended up losing just because I was stupid to believe the fraudster. it was much more complicated and I won't go into details.
I'm just saying it doesn't always go the way you think it will.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There are certainly no guarantees, but it's worth $100 plus the paperwork to file a case that the odds are you'll win. If you do go to small claims court, it's definitely worth your time to take watch some other cases ahead of time. You'll learn what to do and what not to do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I would call it a learning experience and have a competent GS rebuilt it for you.on a new receiver. You could take it apart and rebuild it yourself.
Get some tools and a rivet squeezer and go to town.
Plenty of You Tube videos showing how to build an AK.
I built my 1964 Romanian kit myself and it shoots great.
Is it perfect no but for my first build I am happy. The next build will be better because I learned a lot on my first one.
Calling the ATF is just going to bring down more trouble than you want .
Stop crying about making a mistake and blame him for anything because it was you that agreed to buy the gun without knowing what you were looking at.
Its OK that you messed up we all have at least once but one thing rings true we learned from our mistakes.
You are part of the club now so welcome to the club.
Suggesting you ruin the mans life and business over a deal where you were lax and didn't do your part to know what to look for is not the way to go trust me.
Please don't be a fool and start trouble and grow up because part of this is your fault too.
I say this because in the past I have been thru a legal issue similar to this ( not gun related) but same kind of situation. Let me say the judge made me realize it was up to me to know better than enter into something where I had no idea what I was doing.
I suffered for many years for pushing the problem to a legal end making myself look like a fool in the end because of my hot head and spite.
I paid my and his legal bills and court costs and lets say that took years.
Sometimes its best to take your lumps and man up and accept you made a mistake.
Thanks for this buddy. I've decided to just make this a learning experience. I found a couple gentlemen who are gonna help me out with getting her fixed up and teach me a few things.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks for this buddy. I've decided to just make this a learning experience. I found a couple gentlemen who are gonna help me out with getting her fixed up and teach me a few things.
Fraudsters count on their victims not making the effort to hold them accountable so that they can continue to defraud others.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Fraudsters count on their victims not making the effort to hold them accountable so that they can continue to defraud others.
The legal trouble isn't worth the headache. I blasted him on the forums and it didn't change his mind. I think chalking it up as a loss is the best case scenario for me right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I've been looking and saving for an AK for months.. found a supposed FB Radom Polish Import from the 90s. Guy swore up and down it wasn't a frankenbuild or a parts kit and it was all original and genuine. I posted it to a few places and nobody caught that it was just a botched home build.. and plus this guy was some old farmer.. I figured who else could I trust. In confidence I paid $1100 for what I thought was a FB Radom AK47... took it to a gunsmith to get it looked at so I could learn more about it and it came to my knowledge that it's just an 80% reciever with no serial that they lasered in the FB markings to make it look genuine, all crappy cast parts (bolt carrier, trunnion ect.), random American wood hand guards, vepr stock, a full auto trigger that was grinded down... just an overall horrible horrible build. The gun light primer strikes, feels like it shoots completely off and the trigger sometimes doesn't wanna reset. According to the gun Smith the way the trunnion was put in it completely messed up the reciever too. Is there any saving this gun? The guy won't refund my money and claims ignorance not dishonesty. Taking him to court would end up costing more than the gun. Ideally I'd like to not just say goodbye to $1.1k and attempt to salvage this gun and make it great. Is it possible and is it worth it?
Anxiety
Since you already have this firearm and there is not way of getting a refund. Accept the fact that you have been taken advantage of because of the lack of knowledge and move on. As an AK enthusiast, I know that you were likely to purchase multiple AK(AKM) style rifles after your first one. Now, get educated and buy a nice one. You'll always have this story to tell about what happened way back when. You might get lucky on Gun Broker due to the low inventory. Many rifles that used to go for $500, now going for $1000 or more. I would definitely check the head space before running this thing. This will prevent personal injury from a firearm you don't really trust. Also, AKs have rough edges and get hot so wearing gloves will provide for a much more enjoyable shooting experience on top of a little more hand protection. I can also recommend several rifles that I have had success with.
1. Arsenal SAM7sf84
2. Galil Ace 7.62X39
3. Yugo ZPAP or NPAP
Good luck
AKMan28

·
Registered
Zastava ZPAP M70
7 Posts
Got a drill press? My friend ran into a similar story with a krink that wasnt a full krink, we got a Childers 80% and a rivet set and just re did it in his dad's garage, gauged it and took it to the range and alot of problems straightened out, IMHO I would rebuild it, it's cheaper than going to court and you'd be able to build it up how you want it and take the high road knowing you're the bigger guy who's more knowledgeable and skillful, or just send it to brandon the AK guy and ask him to fix it and make a video making fun of it and then send it to the guy you bought it from 😂

41 - 59 of 59 Posts