AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished reading Unintended Consequences by John Ross. This book is a defenite read for anyone who is serious about th 2nd Amendment. Awesome book. It may seem slow at first but believe me, its worth it. Read it!
:hail:

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
I read the book quite a few years ago and found it a interesting read.

Over the years as I have thought more about the plot of the book, I have come to the conclusion of it being more of a fantasy based reality than any type of probably future.

The use of a "5th Column" to overcome many of issues facing the main character was very much unrealistic. Seem too much of a "perfect storm" for everything that came together.

Hootbro

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I loved that book. I thought it was really cool. There was a lot of historical information thrown into a good fictional read. Things such as the Warsaw Ghetto, Bonus Army etc... It was a very entertaining read...

Hootbro said:
I read the book quite a few years ago and found it a interesting read.

Over the years as I have thought more about the plot of the book, I have come to the conclusion of it being more of a fantasy based reality than any type of probably future.

The use of a "5th Column" to overcome many of issues facing the main character was very much unrealistic. Seem too much of a "perfect storm" for everything that came together.

Hootbro
:roll: So you're "that" guy huh? Can't ya just read fiction for fun?
I'm just kiddin ya :wink:

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
Tx Dogblaster said:
:roll: So you're "that" guy huh? Can't ya just read fiction for fun?
I'm just kiddin ya :wink:
Oh I had fun reading it. I just remember around 1999 and the Y2K scare, you had the TEOTWAWKI type claiming it as a bible.

Hootbro

·
Registered
610 Posts
I read it about 6 years ago. I thought it was a very poorly written novel wrapped around about a 100 pages or so of good gun info. I didn't like the self-indulgent characters in the story. I sold mine to a guy on assaultweb. I guess I will be sitting alone at lunch now... :sad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts