AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't post my totals but I think I can stop buying 7.62x39 for quite awhile!

·
Registered
89 Posts
IS THAT ALL. SLACKER. :twisted:

Ronald

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I was slackin until I pulled it all out and counted it,half of the ammo cans are 7.62x39 with the other half being 5.45 and 5.56.The three full cases on the right are Wolf 7.62x39 and the two tins of Wolf 7.62x39 are on top of a wood crate of Yugo 7.62x39 with two other Yugo tins standing on end behind that.Everything else is 7.62x54R,7.62x51 and 500 rounds of 9x18 Makarov. :twisted:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Cheater! Not ALL of that is 7.62x39mm, the Wolf in the clear package on the ground has the long thin boxes, like Wolf .223, not Wolf 7.62x39mm!

As punishment for cheating you must now send 2K rounds of non corrosive to me. :mrgreen:

My ammo stash looks like that, but it includes everything from .30-30 to 300 rounds of .30-06 (do not have a .30-06), a bunch of .308 (do not have a .308), a few K rounds of 7.62x54R, tons of 12 gauge and .22 LR ammo... I figure 14-15K total.

Do not ask me why I buy ammo for guns I don't have... I have 10 loaded en bloc clips laying around and I won't get a Garand (if I do at all) for 5 months or so. But hey all the ammo is non corrosive and reloadable so I can make a profit if need be. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clear package is the 500 rounds of Makarov ammo.All of the 5.56 is the two brown cans,British Surplus RG, and one can of Lake City SS-109.There is still almost 12K of 7.62x39 in the pic. :wink:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
So what you are saying is... you can send 2K to me. :mrgreen:

Looks good though, mine is obsessively stacked in my room, 3 wide .50 cal cans and 10 .30 caliber ammo cans, as well as a small fireproof safe and one of those 100 round ammo bags full of ammo. In addition, there is a 140 round bandolier of 7.62x39mm on strippers, and a 6 clip bandolier of Garand ammo. Then there is the 760 round case of non cor 7.62x54R on the other side of the room.

·
Registered
330 Posts
JOHNO said:
The clear package is the 500 rounds of Makarov ammo.All of the 5.56 is the two brown cans,British Surplus RG, and one can of Lake City SS-109.There is still almost 12K of 7.62x39 in the pic. :wink:
I think we all know which is your favorite caliber :wink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
12k rounds....

i cant say anything i have 7k of 308. i am afraid i only have 2k of 7.62x39

i had 1k of 5.45 but i sold it to the guy that got my sar 2.

i have around 5k of 5.56 lake city.

about the same on markov but i also have 250 round of hp ammo for the markov. and probably another 2k in various odd ball stuff like 303,357, 38 special.

i ahve 1k round wwb 9mm and 1k rounds 9mm gold dot. but thats about it.
i dont feel like a ammo whore know since i met you guys. most my freinds thought i was crazy except for the t that are SOT they dont thank i have enough. my goal was to have enough guns and ammo to supply my town. some day i will make it. :lol:

Ronald

ps we have under 700 people in town and the surrounding aera so it is a goal i should be able to do.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
You guys are going to laugh at me...but first let me say, I am very anal retentive......

Every January I make a bunch of Avery Labels on my pc A06-001 thru A06-XXX (Next year A07, etc). Whenever I purchace new ammo, I stick the next label on it, and record it, on my Excel Spreadsheet. This accomplishes 2 things. 1 I can rotate my inventory(FIFO). 2. At any given time if a deal comes up on ammo I can see how much I have "in stock", and it keeps me from over/under buying. When ever I pull some to go shooting, I look at my list, pull the desired ammo, tear off the label, and then record the disposal.

I do the same thing with magazines, except they are M06-001... :cool:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
DUDE! That's crazy!

All I do is mark my ammo cans with stickers saying what calibers are in the can (one on top, one on the side). But jeze man that is crazy!

Hey... how about disposing some of that ammo on my doorstep? :grin:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I wish I would have bought up a bunch more of 7.62 when it was cheap..Thinking 5.45 would get hard to get I became a 5.45 whore and slacked on 7.62..... :neutral:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jicky said:
I wish I would have bought up a bunch more of 7.62 when it was cheap..Thinking 5.45 would get hard to get I became a 5.45 whore and slacked on 7.62..... :neutral:
So Bro trade me some 5.45 for 7.62 & $ , building a Bulgy for the wife and trying to find ammo :grin:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dieter122 said:
Jicky said:
you were right, 5.45 IS hard to get...actually near impossible right now.

dont feel bad about the 7.62, no one saw that coming...5.45 however, was definitly seen
7.62x39 is backed up for the same reason 5.45x39 is. They're here now, supposedly waiting.

AIM said the Silver Bear 5.45 will be put online at the end of this month, and that's what they told me last September. :neutral: So they must have had fair warning that 5.45 wasn't coming back until then. No conspiracy to keep this stuff from us, just production demands.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
....Holy crap....Mrs RotDorn has just ordered new carpet for the house. Yes, that means....I have to clean out the "batcave" of ammo...Lord, I am not looking forward to this...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Rotdorn said:
....Holy crap....Mrs RotDorn has just ordered new carpet for the house. Yes, that means....I have to clean out the "batcave" of ammo...Lord, I am not looking forward to this...
Is this just temporary while the carpet is being installed, or is your ammo now banned from the "batcave" forever?

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
...only til the new carpet is installed......don't want no nosey carpet installers! :wink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rotdorn said:
You guys are going to laugh at me...but first let me say, I am very anal retentive......

Every January I make a bunch of Avery Labels on my pc A06-001 thru A06-XXX (Next year A07, etc). Whenever I purchace new ammo, I stick the next label on it, and record it, on my Excel Spreadsheet. This accomplishes 2 things. 1 I can rotate my inventory(FIFO). 2. At any given time if a deal comes up on ammo I can see how much I have "in stock", and it keeps me from over/under buying. When ever I pull some to go shooting, I look at my list, pull the desired ammo, tear off the label, and then record the disposal.

I do the same thing with magazines, except they are M06-001... :cool:
seek professional help. you must be really bored to do all that haha :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts