AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am brand new to this forum and signed up to ask this question and likely many others down the road. I got a brand new JTS M12AK for my 18th (yes I'm already hot rodding my first gun) and I'm wondering what kind of parts are interchangeable between an AK-47 and this shotgun. I know Tac 47 makes an adapter for AR-15 stocks, but I'd hate to spend the extra cash on an adapter if theres a way I can make an AK stock work. Still unsure about hand guards. Any and all help/insight/advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
stock and hand grip would be the things that will work. stock might need trimming to fit into narrower inner width of the receiver shell. everything else is too different to be compatible with standard AK parts.
there are stock tubes that will work with AR stocks. no adapters needed. there is enough pretty inexpensive ones, just not sure why original stock needs swapping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock and hand grip would be the things that will work. stock might need trimming to fit into narrower inner width of the receiver shell. everything else is too different to be compatible with standard AK parts.
there are stock tubes that will work with AR stocks. no adapters needed. there is enough pretty inexpensive ones, just not sure why original stock needs swapping.
Thanks for the info. The reason I would like to swap out the original stock is because I saw the Hera Arms CQR buttstock and immediately fell in love. My only other concern with this stock is whether the screw holes will line up.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
not sure about holes. perhaps someone who have done this combo might pitch in. also try akfiles forum - more folks there. also saiga-12 forum as well. we are here mostly about AK rifles

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info. The reason I would like to swap out the original stock is because I saw the Hera Arms CQR buttstock and immediately fell in love. My only other concern with this stock is whether the screw holes will line up. View attachment 301927
Yo, I actually just did this to my JTS M12ak-t1. When I first got the stock I was super bummed because it didn't quite fit. The grip section ended up being about an inch and a half to far back 🙃. I called and talked to Hera USA and they basically said either return or good luck, and I took that personally lol.
I ended up trimming out a section of the stock, making it 2 pieces, and then reinforcing the area where I fixed them back together. Took about 5 days with curing but here's the results..
Wood Wall Creative arts Gas Hardwood

Wood Wall Creative arts Gas Hardwood

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yo, I actually just did this to my JTS M12ak-t1. When I first got the stock I was super bummed because it didn't quite fit. The grip section ended up being about an inch and a half to far back 🙃. I called and talked to Hera USA and they basically said either return or good luck, and I took that personally lol.
I ended up trimming out a section of the stock, making it 2 pieces, and then reinforcing the area where I fixed them back together. Took about 5 days with curing but here's the results.. View attachment 323546
View attachment 323546
Wowsers😱 Nice work man! You really out some work into that impressive. I had been wanting to get an AK shotgun and was liking the T1 but hadn't bought one yet because I wanted to be able to change the stock on it. I try looking up info online and can not find anything. Do you know if the T1 will accept AK furniture? JTS other AK without the mlok rail is actually differ if you look close at the rear of receiver (T1 has 2 pins other has 3) and the front handguard gas tube section. Kinda weird you'd think they'd have used same design. Would love any info if you found any on wether the t1 will accept standard AK or Saiga furniture?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just bought one today as well, I have a magpul Zhukov stock on one of my ak’s and I really like it. Do you know if the holes would line up. If they don’t I could try special ordering one from magpul without holes drilled, then drill and tap myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I am brand new to this forum and signed up to ask this question and likely many others down the road. I got a brand new JTS M12AK for my 18th (yes I'm already hot rodding my first gun) and I'm wondering what kind of parts are interchangeable between an AK-47 and this shotgun. I know Tac 47 makes an adapter for AR-15 stocks, but I'd hate to spend the extra cash on an adapter if theres a way I can make an AK stock work. Still unsure about hand guards. Any and all help/insight/advice is greatly appreciated!
Modsquad youtube

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up trimming out a section of the stock, making it 2 pieces, and then reinforcing the area where I fixed them back together. Took about 5 days with curing but here's the results.. View attachment 323546
View attachment 323546
I just brought one and that’s the stock I’m looking for. Can you email me info please on that. At [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 323546
Hi so I’m curious how you got a choke on the T-1 ? There are no threads ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi so I’m curious how you got a choke on the T-1 ? There are no threads ?

You have to use a rem choke muzzle brake, or an adapter:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone successfully swapped out for standard AK wood furniture on one of these yet? I noticed the T-1 has a tang, but this model has just a screw they the top of the trunion downward at about 45 degrees. I know a standard top handguard will fit, but curious about a stock and lower handguard…I just ordered one of these today, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts