AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am brand new to this forum and signed up to ask this question and likely many others down the road. I got a brand new JTS M12AK for my 18th (yes I'm already hot rodding my first gun) and I'm wondering what kind of parts are interchangeable between an AK-47 and this shotgun. I know Tac 47 makes an adapter for AR-15 stocks, but I'd hate to spend the extra cash on an adapter if theres a way I can make an AK stock work. Still unsure about hand guards. Any and all help/insight/advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
stock and hand grip would be the things that will work. stock might need trimming to fit into narrower inner width of the receiver shell. everything else is too different to be compatible with standard AK parts.
there are stock tubes that will work with AR stocks. no adapters needed. there is enough pretty inexpensive ones, just not sure why original stock needs swapping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock and hand grip would be the things that will work. stock might need trimming to fit into narrower inner width of the receiver shell. everything else is too different to be compatible with standard AK parts.
there are stock tubes that will work with AR stocks. no adapters needed. there is enough pretty inexpensive ones, just not sure why original stock needs swapping.
Thanks for the info. The reason I would like to swap out the original stock is because I saw the Hera Arms CQR buttstock and immediately fell in love. My only other concern with this stock is whether the screw holes will line up.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
not sure about holes. perhaps someone who have done this combo might pitch in. also try akfiles forum - more folks there. also saiga-12 forum as well. we are here mostly about AK rifles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts