AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I have just been off the internets, but has anyone else seen this? I have not seen Russian Bayonets (or Russian anything 3 years ago common) around for a bit. Was looking to see if these are legit. I see they have been forced matched, but as I do not own a Russian...

https://rguns.net/shop/soviet-type-2-akm-bayonet/

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I'm gonna grab one too. I have a Tula one I had to pay out the ass for. The Type I AKM bayonets are my favorite personally of Russian bayonets

·
Registered
966 Posts
It looks like these Russian 6x3s are not unlike the last lot of 6x4s which turned up. Many of those had the original serials ground off either bayonet grip and/or scabbard (some rather crudely) and renumbered to match. That being said, looking at the overall condition and price point, how can one go wrong buying a Russky 6x3 for the cost of a comparable Romanian?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I picked up a couple of these 6x3 bayonets last year from them. They are worth it as cheap as they are. Mine are renumberd/reworked and while not "unissued" like the description says they are at least "Very Good". The rubber insulator, leather retention strap and hanger seem pretty new and the blade was not messed with.
They did put some kind of clear coat on the handle which is in good shape.
At the time I believe they also had Soviet 6x4 and Bulgarian 6x5s.

I thought everyone knew they had them, but I must admit for the first few visits to their page I only thought the sold some sweet kits, never made it any further.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
They’ve been selling these for a long time. I received a Tula when I ordered in 2010. I didn’t keep the receipt but I think it was more than they’re asking now. Word got out that there were Tulas mixed in the lot so Rguns got a bunch phonecalls asking for a handpick. They put out a cranky notice (they are ill-tempered, LOL) that all they had were Izhevsk.

Tula star on the crossguard.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I ordered one of these from R Guns, listed as a BAYONET SOVIET TYPE 1 AKM IZMASH AK47, for $35. It arrived just yesterday. It appears to be in beautiful original unissued condition, with no wear and not a single fleck of corrosion. The leather portions of the hanger and lanyard are perfect. It does have a couple of electro penned serial numbers, but these are shallow and could be painted over if desired. I'm not going to bother. No where on it can I find a Tula star or Izmash triangle, so I'm not certain which concern made it. This bayonet will go very nicely with my built-up unissued, matching R Guns 1969 AKM kit.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There should be either a Izhevsk arrow in triangle or Tula 5-point star. Stamped on the right side of the cross guard or on the top flat behind the muzzle ring. M.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMG_7201.jpg

Izzy mark right where Martin D. Ivie's "Kalashnikov Bayonets" book told me to look (You are also spot on Mr. B.). Really nice bayonets in almost un-issued condition. The force match is present, but these things are worth the $35 IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts