AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 馃憣
i dont know about barrel proofs, but it is izhmash because of the arrow-in-triangle arsenal mark. It's an AK-47 type though, all Russian AKM are stamped.

Premium Member
K equals 1958 yes
Izzy AK-47 milled T3 not AKM like Commander Marine stated

Registered
It鈥檚 interesting to see a 鈥淧LO鈥 AK receiver that hasn鈥檛 been cut up. The carrier has been scrubbed and restamped (not EPd) to match the receiver. It also appears to have another Izzy logo that was hand scribed like an early T1 or T2 under the stamped one.

The green paint has appeared in a few PLO kits and I remember Doug (tantal) calling it Hamas green back in 鈥06 or 鈥08. There was a pic of Israeli special forces carrying AKMs that had that green paint on them. They were coming out of the water so maybe it was seaweed. I鈥檒l have to find the pic. I have seen a pic lately with the green paint on an AKM that was carried by a Russian soldier. Maybe I should start another thread to try and answer the question of the green paint.

Registered
My 58 PLO T3 carrier was ground and re stamped as well. It has the odd purple finish to the bolt and carrier which the Israelis must have done because it is over the scrubbing and pitting. I also saw a non cut PLO deact rifle on one of the U.K deact websites. May have been a sold item. Had the Israeli proofs. There is another t3 with the green paint a couple of years ago. I want to say either Techno or Vlado posted it. I could be wrong on who posted it.

Premium Member
袚 Late 1955
袛 1956
袠 1957
袣 1958
袥 1959
袦 1960
P 1961

Is this not accurate?

Reactions: jason4473

Registered
Whoa! Where has this been? This is not the info I have, but it鈥檚 in Russian so it must be legit. Every list I鈥檝e seen has been in English and probably taken from Russian SKS year codes. So according to this there were no 鈥60 and 鈥61?

Premium Member
I'm sticking with my list from Tantal.
Stottman's publications also fallow Tantal's list.
JoDaBo. Throw down some pics!!

Registered
This new date codes list was made by Pavel Pticin aka ptica based on Izhevsk factory archives info about real dates of AK manufacture.

Premium Member
I remember seeing that screenshot list a few years ago. I don't think it is correct. It's been discussed before.

Reactions: Vlado

Premium Member
Here's one I had saved

Registered

Premium Member
Well if the internet says its so then it must be

Registered
i saw a type 3 non letter date coded 1955r marked receiver on gunbroker other day. its still listed if someone wants to view pics. item number is 891819781.

also some of the early or plo refurbished type 3 guns had a very unusual skinny bottom rear tang and an unusual stock.

i had 2 kits like that and saved the stock still attached to rear stub of one. if someone needs pics i can take some.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts