AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i checked out a few at a gun show, mainly cause i was bored... im certainly not paying 499 for a damn wasr. but, while i was looking at them, i noticed they didnt have the usual slant break, but a muzzle nut. so i checked them out, and sure enough they are built on romy kits. the 2 this guy had were dated 61 and 65. one had a terrible muzzle end, it was chipped and that would affect the accuracy for sure.

anyone else getting a 'romy wasr" ? i have also noticed they are starting to put SAR handguards on wasr's too... do you think they are running low and just scraping parts bins?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I have never seen a Romanian earlier then 1963, I would of had to snatch up that 1961. :wink:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Now you know what happened to all the G kits. Century is building them.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
wgallc said:
If thats the case, why wouldn't they build them with dimpled receivers?
Hey Catsailer40, did the butt stock have the black stripe?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
wgallc said:
No, they're not.

I've seen several WASRs with "G" code rear sight blocks.

It stands to reason that since the Romanians make WASRs out of military kalashnikov parts that don't make the grade for military use, we'd see things like this.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No, they're not.
We're not talking about WASR's.

Take a look at a Century GP1975 at your next gunshow. They have made them with full stock & Tapco folders.

DCI dimpled receiver, too.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
wgallc said:
No, they're not.

Take a look at a Century GP1975 at your next gunshow. They have made them with full stock & Tapco folders.

You may not be.

What is the OP talking about, then?

Post subject: ive seen some wasr's from century with romy g kits...
P.S. I am fully aware of what Century offers.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indiansprings said:
wgallc said:
If thats the case, why wouldn't they build them with dimpled receivers?
Hey Catsailer40, did the butt stock have the black stripe?
here is the weird part... the dealer had 3. one was a "g" kit with a crapco stock(replaced by him) built on a dimpled receiver and the other two were built on wasr receivers. all had wasr furniture, no black marks.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nalioth said:
wgallc said:
No, they're not.

You may not be.

What is the OP talking about, then?

[quote:1s7ihzrq] Post subject: ive seen some wasr's from century with romy g kits...
P.S. I am fully aware of what Century offers.[/quote:1s7ihzrq]

i AM talking about wasr's. they specifically had all the typical wasr info on the receiver, but had 1965 i think and 1963 dates. speedfreak on the boards saw them too. one had a scratched up muzzle crown. i was floored to see that, and thought they were building guns from any parts they could get their hands on.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
catsailer40 said:
i AM talking about wasr's. they specifically had all the typical wasr info on the receiver, but had 1965 i think and 1963 dates. speedfreak on the boards saw them too. one had a scratched up muzzle crown. i was floored to see that, and thought they were building guns from any parts they could get their hands on.
Well, since WASRs are made from G rifles that didn't pass inspection, as I noted above, this is not unusual ( it was kinda weird seeing a WASR with an unpainted "G" on the RSB )

Romanian G rifles built on Nodak receivers are offered by Century from their vast stash of "G" kits. These are distinguished by their dimpled receivers.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
WASR

IMHO you are buying a new rifle 90+% of the time when you buy a WASR. Cugir is building them new like all the other rifles they manufacture. They may use G parts sometimes. I just can't buy into the failed military spec. idea. QC is not one of Romania's strong points not even for the military. Some Americans simply cannot wrap there brains around the idea that firearms could be produced w/o strict inspections and standards. I mean what gets the Romy AK rejected? I am open to opinions like mine. Buy the way I have been to Romania a many times FWIW.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
normally i wouldnt have even given a wasr at 499 a second look, but it had the muzzle nut and i had to peek. 60's parts(at the very least trunnion and barrel assembly) with the standard crap wasr wood.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts