AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God help me. I don't want to work at Taco Hell but I'm running out of money and I want to buy stuff. I worked at McDonald's for 2 months in highschool and I told one of the managers to stuff a pie up his ass but I got enough money to buy an M1 Garand. I don't want to work fast food again but I have few options. PRAY FOR ME!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,301 Posts
Too much of a girly-man to do construction? :lol:

Closest I came to working fastfood was at 16 working at a supermarket up in Ny, bagging groceries, pushing carts, and emptying bottle machines. It sucked but got me cash to go chase wild women. Note to self...should have bought M1 Garand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glock Holiday said:
You need to go back to school while you're working a service job like that so you can get ahead. Good luck.
I am. Just spent $500 on books today. Plan on going to MSU next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
PhilRazz said:
Too much of a girly-man to do construction? :lol:
Or maybe he has the same problem my buddy has here in NC, he doesn't speak the right language and won't work cheap enough to make construction a better bet than fast food?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,616 Posts
How about a regular restaurant? Even if you gotta bus tables or be a bar back at least there's somewhere to move up to and generally good looking promiscuous waitresses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
NCLivingBrit said:
PhilRazz said:
Too much of a girly-man to do construction? :lol:
Or maybe he has the same problem my buddy has here in NC, he doesn't speak the right language and won't work cheap enough to make construction a better bet than fast food?
Or it could be that there isn't much construction going on atm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
lubelips said:
every time i go to taco bell i get a woody. the tacos there remind me of my girlfriend. good luck.
that's wildly inappropriate :grin:


good luck dude. i swore off food service at 21. luckily i had enough skillz as a bicycle mechanic to make a hobby into a job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
Do you currently live in MI? If so, whereabouts are you? Good luck on your interview.

You should reconsider your school decision and go someplace good. Just kidding, I went to UofM so I had to say it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
petro said:
NCLivingBrit said:
PhilRazz said:
Too much of a girly-man to do construction? :lol:
Or maybe he has the same problem my buddy has here in NC, he doesn't speak the right language and won't work cheap enough to make construction a better bet than fast food?
Or it could be that there isn't much construction going on atm.
Well on the side street I live on we've got a hospital going up, next door to that is a big (10 acres or so) shopping centre development, houses (still, apparently someone is buying them), new apartments (one group for seniors, one for low income families) right next door to me and they cleared land for something else, but there's no sign yet and no-one I've spoken too is sure what it is. Oh and a new church/school on the service road, which is another 4 acre lot.

So, not much construction going on within a mile of my home.

Either that or my friend can't afford to pay taxes AND live on what they're apparently willing to pay for an hour of labour around here, due to a large pool of cheap labour that doesn't have that problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CJFirefly said:
Do you currently live in MI? If so, whereabouts are you? Good luck on your interview.

You should reconsider your school decision and go someplace good. Just kidding, I went to UofM so I had to say it.
I live in Branch county. Most construction jobs don't work around my school times and there's not too many restaurants in my area. And yes I am a girly man so I need to pump up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
Glock Holiday said:
You need to go back to school while you're working a service job like that so you can get ahead. Good luck.
I am. Just spent $500 on books today. Plan on going to MSU next year.
I see you're not the only one that got raped when buying books. I just spent about $550 on 3 books!!! All because I only got a check from HOPE in the mail for a measly $150 book allowance. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
God help me. I don't want to work at Taco Hell but I'm running out of money and I want to buy stuff. I worked at McDonald's for 2 months in highschool and I told one of the managers to stuff a pie up his ass but I got enough money to buy an M1 Garand. I don't want to work fast food again but I have few options. PRAY FOR ME!!

:lol: :lol: :beer: :shakeit: Pulls up to McDonald's to order).. Ya give me two cheese burgers ,large fry,Coke,.. ohh and one of those new ass pies please... with no hair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
why not go to a temp service??? lots of factories and manufacturing jobs are hiring through temp services so they dont have to pay insurance on "full-time" employees....through Manpower people around here are making 300 a week....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Robpiat said:
How about a regular restaurant? Even if you gotta bus tables or be a bar back at least there's somewhere to move up to and generally good looking promiscuous waitresses.
+1 My buddy worked at a sports bar when I was in college! Free booze and lots of female co workers to hook up with! :twisted:

T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
there's no shame in working fast food--those places never run out of work and trust me they don't get paid enough to put up with the shit that they do from the "customers". job markets suck everywhere you gotta take what you can get sometimes--especially if it's for fun err gun money.

trust me if something happened to my job today, I wouldn't sit at home suckling off the gov't teet--I'd be out working even if it was at a fast food joint. hell I'd probably have to work 2 of them but that's whats wrong with the world today, is ppl have choices on hmm sit on my ass and collect money or be a productive person in society. :mad: anyway--off my soapbox

good luck to ya
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top