AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of a three way deal with Mauser Mark and Fireman I ended up with Mauser Marks SLR100H.Its one of the MSC built rifles but the original Hungarian parts are nothing short of excellent with a bright shiny bore and sharp rifling.I started working on it today,here is the reciever sling mount I installed and I found a nice hardwood buttstock,without a sling loop, in my stash.I want to try to retain the original look but the wood needed a little attention.There was no finish left on the handguards or pistol grip so I stripped the buttstock and started applying Tru Oil.I'm not trying to make it look new but "Used with Character".

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Didn't someone just get a bunch of that type of sling loop in stock?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a couple from Kvar,I believe they were listed as East German.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looking good, be sure to post pics when you are done. I have thought about doing the same to one of mine. Maybe this is the incentive I need.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dave,I'm planning to put it back together tomorrow and I'll post pics! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I sent one of mine back with Sellars last weekend. He is going to add that swival to the receiver....and a FOLDING BAYO/SITE COMBO! WooHoo!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn...................how many of those FSBs have you got squirreled away?BTW,I think I have an extra lower handguard with the cut out.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
none :sad:

Thanks for the offer, but I had some of those as well. Wish I could find some more FSB, this was the one I bought from you!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
John,

Did you get my PM, re: laminated stock and Winslow Armory?

Bud

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Bud,I got it but I found a type III buttstock in my parts bin and thought I'd give it a try.I'll probably order a Polish set too,Thanks Bud!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here we go,

·
Registered
127 Posts
Damn that looks great! Good job. Now you have forced me into playing copycat and doing up one of mine. :grin:
I cannot help that I am an old timer and love the look of a well used milled AK.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Dave,you'll like the side mounted sling.Did you notice the Russian Leather tab sling :wink:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
JohnO,

It looks fantastic! Got to love them SLR-100s. Do you have any others you can post pics of? BTW, did you have to weld that sling loop onto your receiver?

Great job.

Bud

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BoS,I had to cut a slot in the reciever for the side sling mount,it goes in then you have to spread the two sides.Here is a pic of my Arsenal Classic with Russian Laminate stockset and SLR 105 also in Russian Laminate.

Mark,All I did to the original handguards and pistol grip were to lightly steel wool them and apply a couple coats of Tru oil followed up with lightly steel wooling again and allpying a few coats of Birchwood Caseys Stock Wax.I had to strip the heavy varnish off of the buttstock,its one I've had in my parts box,then I used the same procedure on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
JOHNO, your collection is beyond WOW. the AK you guys have is just mind blowing.

Ronald

1 - 20 of 28 Posts