AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they will bore holes in your old shed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
We have them bad this year at our cabin, so the Bug-a-salt works to drop them? Been eyeing one for years..lol

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You gotta get close, 12" or less and that usually only stuns them. They are pretty stupid and I can often get in three shots in rapid succession. Only point blank gets a kill. They will hover and be still for an instant, one can get a quick shot then.

They are not easy but I have fun with it. Empty adult beverage cans are good practice.

I know they do some pollinating but the holes they bore in anything wood are reason to get them to move on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You gotta get close, 12" or less and that usually only stuns them. They are pretty stupid and I can often get in three shots in rapid succession. Only point blank gets a kill. They will hover and be still for an instant, one can get a quick shot then.

They are not easy but I have fun with it. Empty adult beverage cans are good practice.

I know they do some pollinating but the holes they bore in anything wood are reason to get them to move on.
Thanks, sounds like fun. I also thought of electric racquet although a regular badminton racquet works just fine

·
Registered
2 Posts

Problem is, you are shooting the males. It is the females that bore the holes, they are all black, the males look like bumble bees. Usually the only time I see females is when I'm able to find were they have bored in and spray them with bee killer (or WD40 will also work) and they fall out.

·
Registered
22,515 Posts
They're fun to watch.. especially when they fight. Two dumb black and yellow thumbs thwacking into each other and falling down. A few years ago, I had some cheap cookies that went bad. I threw them into the back yard and the carpenter bees chased them! I started throwing them so they'd bounce along the ground, kinda like the land version of skipping stones.. and sure enough the bees chased them until they stopped rolling.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Chi-com robotic drones.... Sent forth to watch those who avoid Joe- Ho coolaid. They also watch over the robot pigeon drones that are now obsolete.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Around here the wasps are just coming out. We are sworn enemies.

Oh how I enjoy using my wasp spray, fire, or even wasp spray on fire to commit genocide on those little bastards.

We have mutually agreed to the terms of no quarter asked for nor none given.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I spanked all four of my boys over a hole drilled in my deck. I just knew one of them did it. No one confessed so I got all four to make sure I got the right one and make sure they policed each other from doing dumb shit. I come home a few days later to see saw dust coming out of the hole................... We went for ice cream and I had to eat some crow . :p the hole is still there and every once and a while they remind me of it. hahah 20 years later. Look son this is the hole a Bee dug and I got a spanking for. pawpaw Bill spanked me for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts