AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am in need of some knowledge. To me it seems this may not work as it says OVER SIZED TRUNNION but also says "This barrel is compatible with most Polish, Russian, Egyptian, Romanian, and most other European stamped 922r Sporter AK 7.62x39 rifles." To me it would seem the trunnion is to big but I don't know so here I am. Here is the add:

https://www.armsofamerica.com/polishfbradombrandnew762x39coldhammerforgedbarrelbuyanyv-projectproductpartskitandorqty3andreceive10-2.aspx

The parts kits I ordered are the Romanian Military Mod 63 AKM47 Parts Kit

They look pretty good to start out with. The barrel is everything in any rifle. I figured I would use the best.. Im not worried about messing it up. Its pretty straight forward. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wait until you get your kit then after you have measured the bore you can determine which barrel to purchase. It's most likley your trunnion will be a #2 in which case a standard barrel would be best.
Check RobertForbus.com under "Technical points of assembly " Proper fit of parts, it will help explain how many parts are sized and is a great guide for assembly.

Reactions: Bad Comapny

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Romy kit so why not go with a romy barrel?
Good question. It shows on their site a US made barrel and the Polish one. Ive read great things about the polish barrel. But I'm not tied down to one maker. I will look into Romy barrels.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Also note the oversized barrel is NOT threaded at the muzzle for the slant brake or muzzle nut. That's why it's advertised as a SPORTER barrel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts