AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Depends upon your definition. A lefty stamped folder in 7.62x39 is very rare and desirable. However, one could argue that a milled, righty folder in the same caliber is even more sought after. By contrast, there were only ~2,000 M82s produced with only a fraction imported to the U.S., yet the bullpup garners much less attention. Actually, an M82 in 7.62x39 is most likely the rarest of all Valmets, unless there's a post-sample rk.93 TP floating around somewhere.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ruddiger said:
Depends upon your definition. A lefty stamped folder in 7.62x39 is very rare and desirable. However, one could argue that a milled, righty folder in the same caliber is even more sought after. By contrast, there were only ~2,000 M82s produced with only a fraction imported to the U.S., yet the bullpup garners much less attention. Actually, an M82 in 7.62x39 is most likely the rarest of all Valmets, unless there's a post-sample rk.93 TP floating around somewhere.
Hey Rud--- or Chris' RK92 build--- all factory parts, except receiver!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
196 Posts
Chambered in 5.56, the RK.93 was the transferable export version of the Sako M92S/RK.95. Theoretically, it could have found its way here to become the "holiest of holies" (as far as Valmets go).

But you already knew that, Tony! :) And there's also the rare M78/83s if you count conversions.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ruddiger said:
Chambered in 5.56, the RK.93 was the transferable export version of the Sako M92S/RK.95. Theoretically, it could have found its way here to become the "holiest of holies" (as far as Valmets go).

But you already knew that, Tony! :) And there's also the rare M78/83s if you count conversions.

I was presuming that the OP was referring to U.S. items--- love to have an RK93!!! :wink:
What is this M78/83S you speak of? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Tony

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
this entire thread has been about sako rk95 really? I cant get the old auction to pop up its outdated now but the op rifle mentioned is indeed rare. I used to have one of 2 known to be left in usa as a semi. 762x39 sidefolder stamped valmet is an m76/fs. there were 80 imported originally but all were converted to transferable full auto during 1986 except a couple that are known to have escaped and be in collector hands so yeah they are the holliest of holys. aside from that they are standard current issue along with older m62 still in service and newer less common rk95. I traded a sig amt 308 sniper to get mine and like an idiot sold it off when I needed the cash quick. I plan on tearing apart a 223 m76 folder and using a new barrel and Chinese bolt to make a replacement someday. literally everything else on the gun is the same except the 223 markings. im going to shoot the dog crap out of it when I build it. ill post pics.

Reactions: gmac321
1 - 11 of 11 Posts