AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading another thread and a guy was saying how his safety lever would go over the top cover and release the hammer? Well I have a few Century Yugos and tried it on my M70 underfolder and sure as hell it will fire the rifle! You can very easily without much pressure engage the safety and it can pop over the top cover and if a round is in the chamber it will fire :neutral: (I didn't actually fire my gun this way but if one was in the chamber it would have gone boom) How do I fix this? None of my other AK's have this problem? Should I just bend the top cover out to stop it?

Thanks,
Troy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
It's not a problem if you only use the trigger to fire the weapon.

Leave the safety lever for what it's designed for.





Or let me put it this way. . .

OMGZORS! You can drive 160 miles an hour in a car!! YOU MIGHT HIT A WALL OR SOMETHING.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nalioth said:
It's not a problem if you only use the trigger to fire the weapon.

Leave the safety lever for what it's designed for.





Or let me put it this way. . .

OMGZORS! You can drive 160 miles an hour in a car!! YOU MIGHT HIT A WALL OR SOMETHING.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
I hear you but all my other AK,s from almost all the countries we can get here will not do this even if you try to force it! There seems to be a stop in it to prevent this in all my other guns! I know better then to do this but am worried someone not familiar with an ak might acidently force it over the top cover and kill someone? :neutral:

T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am curious if the Mitchell imports will do this or only the Century guns? Was this just a design flaw?

T
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
machinegunt said:
I know better then to do this but am worried someone not familiar with an ak might acidently force it over the top cover and kill someone? :neutral:
I don't think the issue is a problem, or we'd already have a blood bath from it.

You can jigger lots of guns in ways they're not supposed to go and make weird/bad things happen.

Until someone shows you (or tells you) you remain ignorant of those ways . .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
51 Posts
it is the disconnector issue,
On the back of the disconnector there is a tab originaly, that stops the selector from going any further than the edge of bolt cover.
Now Century by law has to use US made firing control parts, that are badly made in my opinion and thats when you get that fenomenon of safety lever being able to easily sway over the bolt cover and damage the finish on the cover.

Century= some redneck backyard gun shop, a farcry from superior Zastava arms factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nalioth said:
machinegunt said:
I know better then to do this but am worried someone not familiar with an ak might acidently force it over the top cover and kill someone? :neutral:
I don't think the issue is a problem, or we'd already have a blood bath from it.

You can jigger lots of guns in ways they're not supposed to go and make weird/bad things happen.

Until someone shows you (or tells you) you remain ignorant of those ways . .
I didn't "jigger" shit and am not "ignorant" of anything? I just think it should be fixed is all?

T :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
I just took mine out and it does this.

If you push the safety up it will release the trigger and fire the weapon.

Imagine tromping around in the woods and a branch gets caught or clothing catches it.

It actually takes very little pressure to push this up.

I think Century should fix this before someone gets killed as someone is either trying to clip the safety on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ChrisVV said:
I just took mine out and it does this.

If you push the safety up it will release the trigger and fire the weapon.

Imagine tromping around in the woods and a branch gets caught or clothing catches it.

It actually takes very little pressure to push this up.

I think Century should fix this before someone gets killed as someone is either trying to clip the safety on.
That's what I was thinking! Snagging on something or even dropping it would cause it to fire! I do not think this is acceptable at all! It is a major problem!

T :neutral:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
i suppose you could have a bead welded to the top cover so the safety could not go up any further than its suppose to.
i tried it on my yugo m70 underfolder,but it does not fire im pleased to say.
it does sound like a serious problem if you have one that does fire to me. :neutral:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
344 Posts
nalioth said:
It's not a problem if you only use the trigger to fire the weapon.

Leave the safety lever for what it's designed for.

This statement is absurd! it is using the safety lever, what is causing the problem! the lever on this gun can easily slide onto the receiver, especially if some one is not used to it! :shock:
However if the trigger should ever break, you can simply use the back-up trigger which in this case is the safety! :lol: :hail: :roll: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stormbringerr said:
i suppose you could have a bead welded to the top cover so the safety could not go up any further than its suppose to.
i tried it on my yugo m70 underfolder,but it does not fire im pleased to say.
it does sound like a serious problem if it does fire to me. :neutral:
I think I will use a Dremmel tool to grind it down just enough so it clears without dis-engaging the hook (Disconector) that holds the hammer! Any thoughts on this? I think VZ58KID is also going this route.

T
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
344 Posts
ChrisVV said:
g17steve said:
My safety is my trigger finger.
Then stand in front of me while I put my safety on.



BEST DAMN LAUGH, I HAD ALL WEEK! THANKS! :lol: :lol: :grin: :wink: :mrgreen: :hail: :dance: :grin: :smile: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :hail: :dance:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a Yugo M92 SBR built by Ted Marshall that has a factory Yugo trigger in it! I will pull it out tomorrow and see how it is set up before I start grinding!

T :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
I think it needs to be clarified that we are not saying if you push the safety lever up and pull the trigger it will fire.

If you push the safety lever up, a little pass safe it releases the hammer and fires the weapon.

This turns the "SAFETY" into a "TRIGGER"

So my ak has two triggers! Awesome! and I only paid for one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ChrisVV said:
I think it needs to be clarified that we are not saying if you push the safety lever up and pull the trigger it will fire.

If you push the safety lever up, a little pass safe it releases the hammer and fires the weapon.

This turns the "SAFETY" into a "TRIGGER"

So my ak has two triggers! Awesome! and I only paid for one!
Correct! It is hitting the disconector and letting the hammer go! No trigger pressure needed!

T
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
344 Posts
:twisted: :roll: LIKE I HAD SAID EARLIER, COMPARING THE YUGO LEVER VISUALLY
TO A ROM. ONE I ESTIMATED ABOUT 1/4 IN. BUT PLEASE DONT HOLD ME TO THAT! I DID NOT TAKE ANY MEASUREMENTS.
I WAS REALLY UPSET ABOUT HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET THAT COILED SPRING BACK ON LEVER!!!! :shock: :roll: :eek: :confused: :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vz58kid said:
L :twisted: :roll: IKE I HAD SAID EARLIER, COMPARING THE YUGO LEVER VISUALLY
TO A ROM. ONE I ESTIMATED ABOUT 1/4 IN. BUT PLEASE DONT HOLD ME TO THAT! I DID NOT TAKE ANY MEASUREMENTS.
I WAS REALLY UPSET ABOUT HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET THAT COILED SPRING BACK ON LEVER!!!! :shock: :roll: :eek: :confused: :evil:


Shit thats funny! I knew not to go that far with it. :smile: I bet that pissed you off a little bit :eek:

T
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top