AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Resident Russian Wood Finish Master. My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 馃憣
No, of course it is not supposed to be like that. The trunnion slot was not lined up then they pressed that rivet.

Registered
Resident Russian Wood Finish Master. My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 馃憣
The guys are razzing him because he's FNG & it seems like a silly question considering the overall functionality of the rifle, but everyone here is usually also a stickler with craftsmanship when it comes to their own work or purchases. The answer is, it is not supposed to be like that. That much is obvious.

Registered
I've looked at the pictures, but can't see anything obviously out of place. Please explain what I'm missing.

Registered
I've looked at the pictures, but can't see anything obviously out of place. Please explain what I'm missing.
It looks like the edge of the receiver at the rear trunion is not aligned with the small slot in the rear trunion, so when it was riveted, the edge of the receiver bent up a bit. I think it's most visible in the second picture.

I guess the receiver holes for the trunion rivets may not have quite been in the right location.

Probably not any kind of safety/functionality concern, but I don't think I've ever seen it on other rifles.

Registered
OK, I see it now. Averageakm, assuming you noticed at the time, you shouldn't have accepted the transfer. That said, it's not right. K-USA will fix it under warranty.

Registered
Just checked my recently purchased KR 103, it looks like that too. Misha of the Youtube Mishaco channel noticed it on his also. He's usually picky about his AK's and didn't seem very concerned. It looks like the buttstock assembly rivet is over pressed. Maybe we should bring this to the attention of KUSA and see what they say. Most likely they will respond that it is not a problem. I might try to fix it myself.

Registered
Just checked my recently purchased KR 103, it looks like that too. Misha of the Youtube Mishaco channel noticed it on his also. He's usually picky about his AK's and didn't seem very concerned. It looks like the buttstock assembly rivet is over pressed. Maybe we should bring this to the attention of KUSA and see what they say. Most likely they will respond that it is not a problem. I might try to fix it myself.
It鈥檚 not the over pressed rivets it鈥檚 the fact that the trunnion is not in straight and was pressed in crooked.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts