AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Haven't priced out that stuff in years. But did want to say I am wearing my T-shirt that has your name tag on it.

inigo_montoya.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Those buckets are a chumps game. Honestly go #10 size cans, or make your own. Never buy anything not freeze dried. If it is beans/rice/sugar/flour buy it and pack it yourself. Mylar bag kits (with the absorbers and bucket tops) are around for a good price. you just iron the bag shut the absorber does the rest. The only reason you use a bucket is so it doesn't get punctured. I have a lot of whole foods (think what you get at a grocery store, staples, not TV dinner type) it's cheaper, like a store you pay for them to assemble it into a "stew" or "mix" if you got beans, bullion, FD meat, veggies and all that you could make 2x as much for the same price (much like real cooking) I go through "shelf reliance" or I think it is now called "thrive" or "thrive life" for the past 4 years every black friday I buy what I can afford, be it $500 or $2000. Shipping is reasonable, and they do crazy good deals then, most of what I have was 40-50% off their website price, all non GMO etc. look into them, buy a few small things, or even can. Then go big with them. Find a rep and get on their mailing list. I have a email if you would like. they send out specials. These cans are a good start, but really buy one, then buy right. these are the "5 pmags and 200 rds of ammo" for $200 you see for "preppers" buy the ammo and mags for half the price. Same for the food

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't priced out that stuff in years. But did want to say I am wearing my T-shirt that has your name tag on it.

View attachment 3323
Lots of fans of that old movie. lol
Those buckets are a chumps game. Honestly go #10 size cans, or make your own. Never buy anything not freeze dried. If it is beans/rice/sugar/flour buy it and pack it yourself. Mylar bag kits (with the absorbers and bucket tops) are around for a good price. you just iron the bag shut the absorber does the rest. The only reason you use a bucket is so it doesn't get punctured. I have a lot of whole foods (think what you get at a grocery store, staples, not TV dinner type) it's cheaper, like a store you pay for them to assemble it into a "stew" or "mix" if you got beans, bullion, FD meat, veggies and all that you could make 2x as much for the same price (much like real cooking) I go through "shelf reliance" or I think it is now called "thrive" or "thrive life" for the past 4 years every black friday I buy what I can afford, be it $500 or $2000. Shipping is reasonable, and they do crazy good deals then, most of what I have was 40-50% off their website price, all non GMO etc. look into them, buy a few small things, or even can. Then go big with them. Find a rep and get on their mailing list. I have a email if you would like. they send out specials. These cans are a good start, but really buy one, then buy right. these are the "5 pmags and 200 rds of ammo" for $200 you see for "preppers" buy the ammo and mags for half the price. Same for the food
Guess I should research a little deeper on costco's website. Many different food prep options to be found there under a word search of, "Emergency."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts