AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Galil Ace Gen2 but I was going to sell it for an Arsenal SAM SF. Idk, I just like the AK look more. Someone offered my a trade for a Saiga but I don’t know much about them other than you can’t get them. I’m reading and I’m a bit concerned about the conversion process. Any thoughts? Here is a pic of the Saiga. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
lol. not for that POS conversion.
If it was done as a proper AK-103 conversion then probably OK, but not in the garage bubba state that it is now.
Unless guy wants to add another $500-600 on top of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. not for that POS conversion.
If it was done as a proper AK-103 conversion then probably OK, but not in the garage bubba state that it is now.
Unless guy wants to add another $500-600 on top of it.
Thanks lol. They should just call this the dnepromike files but you have literally Answered all of my questions lol. I’m considering selling it for a SAM7sf tho. Idk, I just like the AK aesthetic. I also had an offer for a SAM7R with rail on the gas tube but idk. Maybe I’ll stick with the Galil. It’s just that I’ve read it’s an awesome supressor Jose and I’m waiting for my DA Wolverine any day now

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
personally not a fan of SAM7 line. Kinda of a hodge-podge of a gun, unnecesserily heavy.
i'd look for SGL 21 stamped gun if i was in your situation. If that fails then an SLR 107

this would be my choice SLR107FR-31 7.62x39mm Semi-Automatic Rifle
Oof I wish I could tack down a SGL21. I’m gonna stick with the Galil since my little bro gave me us PSA 103. I just want a good shooting AK, not really a collectors piece. What your thoughts on the PSA 103? Is it decent enough to ad Zenitco furniture?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
don't own any PSA AKs. based on the reviews they seem good/decent.
not sure what you mean by 'good enough'. you add what you think will work for you.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Yah

Keep the Galil and have an eye out for something better to expand the quiver.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Deals can still be had if you are patient and dilligent.

Parts kits are still around with builders and receivers available.

Do the home work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
personally not a fan of SAM7 line. Kinda of a hodge-podge of a gun, unnecesserily heavy.
i'd look for SGL 21 stamped gun if i was in your situation. If that fails then an SLR 107

this would be my choice SLR107FR-31 7.62x39mm Semi-Automatic Rifle
Well I mama fed to sell my PSA and a few other odds and ends I don’t use and plan on picking up an SLR107. I’ve herd some odd stuff about the trunions tho. Something about them needing to beat themselves into spec?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts