AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I could use some help identifying a muzzle brake. I took it as part of a trade and I'm just not sure what it is exactly.

It looks just like the muzzle brake that came on my Arsenal SLR-105, but it's slightly heavier and has a stamped "U" marking near the business end. It doesn't appear to be chrome lined. It does have the zig-zag internal cuts. So I'm not sure if it's Bulgarian or something else.

I'll post a pic later, but anyone know what this is? Is the 'U' stamp any indication?

TIA...

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I didn't know the Bulgarian SLR105 rifles came with zigzag brakes.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think it might be an East German brake. I bought a brake that was supposed to be of "East German" manufacture and it had that mark. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
That bevel does not look factory, any signs of lathe chuck marks on it?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
The one E German I have seen had a "z" stamped in the sameplace as the "U" on yours.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Xcibes,
Don't feel bad about your 105 ! It went to a good home.....MINE ! It's a hell of a shooter ! :twisted:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I agree with the others that it looks East German.

My East German has an "F" stamped where your "U" is.

I wonder what the letters signify. Different inspectors? Different lots?

·
Registered
786 Posts
My East German brake has a bevel too, but doesn't seem as pronounced as yours. Also my brake is marked with an X so it must be just different inspectors. It is chrome lined in the main brake section, but the external part past the windows is not chromed inside like my Bulgarian. Here is a few pics:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts