AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a market for Zastava m57/70a/88a wood grips?

I have started making sheetmetal patterns for the production of wooden grips for the Zastava m57 pistol. I am starting with the m57 modeI because that is what I have right now. Using the pistol to insure propper fit.
I think that there would be enough people interested, and am hoping to have some ready to take to the Berea Gun Show on July 13-14. If my pipe-dream comes true I may have enough funds to get another Zastava pistol for fitting wood grips with.

So my questions are ...
1). would there be enough interest in these wood grips to sell a bunch?
2). which model to get next?
3). what style grips? originsl pattern, thinner, thumb rest, wrap around?
Also, do the Zastsva m70a and m57 grip panels interchange?
If the m57 grips are interchangeable with the m70 I won't an m70a. If anyone knows for sure that these two models' grips are interchangeable please let me know.
The Zastava m88a is another possibility. I know that these new style polymer grips are supposed to be ergonomic, but would an exact copy in wood get me into any legal issues with that manufacturer? I could and probably would make my own design.
The Zastava cz99 (ez9, cz99, cz999,...what ever name you give it) is what I want to end up with for myself, but I will have to start out slow with just the m57. Not much time or money available to me right now. Hell, never is, but I have descided to make the attempt anyway.
If any of you remember the Yugo m70ab fixed and underfolder, and m72 wood I made you might also remember that there was no shabby workmanship involved in my efforts.
I believe in propper fitting before I let anything go to the public. My intention is to make up for the lack of quantity with quality. I only have me and basic tools to work with.

So let me hear some feedback as to what type wood and model pistol do you think would sell best.
Please exclude teak from the wood choices. Teak takes up minerals from the ground and when I see sparks flying off the wood as I am cutting I know my tools are being ruined. And it splinters too easily.

Any thoughts, Ladies and Gents? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah man definitely give a serious thought to doing CZ 999 grips. It's one of the most consistent complaints on cz99.net,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts