AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when it peaked out at $450 a case at the beignning of this year, but now I am starting to see it as low as $340 per 1,000 in bulk packaging, and it seems much more available in general.

Anyone else think we may have made it through the bottleneck finally? I think if Condi Rice negotiates a withdrawal date with the Iraqis we may see the prices come down even more, maybe sub $300 per 1,000 finally(?) once we start pulling out of Iraq and the military's current insatiable appetite for ammo is reduced.

(This isn't meant to argue polotics in Iraq, but rather disucss ammo prices. And no, I don't thinkif Obama wins the election it will cause ammo prices to skyrocket :wink: )

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think it is. I am ok with it around $300 a 1k case, still a bit out of line at $350 but much better than $450! The Federal xm193 stuff is still stupidly expensive though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
XM193 is top of the line ammo. The brass ammo you see at $350 or is the Prvi, PMC and Centurion (what ever that supposed to be).

I believe an Obama administration with a majority of congress and Senate will ban centain types of ammo and tax the rest.

Just look at the cigarettes, Taxes alone count for about 40% or more of the price. Right now we pay an 11% "Federal tax for ammo which is already included in the price (+ the local city or state tax). Lets say he needs $$ for the poor victims of gun crimes and he needs that money to add to his mega health care scam plan. Rasing the ammo federal tax to 40% just like cigs is not far fetched, his plan actualy calls for 500% tax on guns and ammo.

Think about it..

:dance: <--Hussein Obama dancing with your $$

223SAINT

·
Registered
93 Posts
Taxing, banning, or requiring serialized ammo will be the anti gun crowds next move to render our recently upheld 2nd amendment rights void.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Number1gilla said:
Taxing, banning, or requiring serialized ammo will be the anti gun crowds next move to render our recently upheld 2nd amendment rights void.
Yep! Our rifles will become nice back shiny paper weights.

Buy now while you still can.

223SAINT

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
phreakmode said:
The Federal xm193 stuff is still stupidly expensive though.
Actually, you can get it for $360 per case plus shipping from outdoormarksman.com. You have to use the promo code arfcom0608. I just received some. Here's a picture of the headstamp:

As you can see, Lake City 2008 with the NATO cross.

It does seem like there is more supply now, although prices have not seemed to drop yet. Once all the existing orders are filled and the ammo salesmen have to start actively selling their products once again, the price will start to fall.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
i think you will see more ammo once we are fully out of iraq. i kinda sorta want an ar15, but cant afford to shoot. i hope this stuff comes back down to sane levels. any more thatn x39 and its over priced.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I've just been picking up all the .223 brass i can at the range. seems to be working out okay; i have around 2500 rounds.

don't even have an AR-15 built yet, but i got 4 lowers. :grin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bret said:
phreakmode said:
The Federal xm193 stuff is still stupidly expensive though.
Actually, you can get it for $360 per case plus shipping from outdoormarksman.com. You have to use the promo code arfcom0608. I just received some. Here's a picture of the headstamp:

As you can see, Lake City 2008 with the NATO cross.

It does seem like there is more supply now, although prices have not seemed to drop yet. Once all the existing orders are filled and the ammo salesmen have to start actively selling their products once again, the price will start to fall.
Yep! Just shop around and you will find the deals. Sitting on your hands wont help. Like today, Bass Pro Shops has a 1 day dale on their UMC 9mm 50rnd boxes for $8.88 since I pay and buy everything with my Bass Pro Credit card, I had $54.00 accumulated in points. So I bought 12 boxes (600 rnds for those of you in Rio Linda) for under $60 or about $5 a box.

223SAINT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts