AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know for sure?

I'm sure I could search something, but this is like my search, the guys in the know. :wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the Hawaii firearms laws site, found nothing on the subject. I may however be retarded and may have missed something, it's been known to happen before. :goof:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I am pretty sure they don't allow them...I usually just check a few major retailers sites to verify...I once had a guy try to trick me into shipping a drum there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did notice that Tapco and some others will not ship there, I guess I'll take that as a sign. No sale.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
THS said:
I did notice that Tapco and some others will not ship there, I guess I'll take that as a sign. No sale.
Good call. Not to mention its expensive as all hell to ship stuff there. PIA - big time. Long story.

·
Registered
374 Posts
To remove speculation and replace with fact go to
www.nraila.org
Go to gun laws-go to the map and click on Hawaii

"it is unlawful to manufacture,possess,sell,transfer,or acquire a detachable
ammunition magazine with a capacity in excess of 10 rounds which is designed for or capable of use with a PISTOL."

END of story.The law does not address rifles,but does not allow AK
or tac-9 type pistols.

Hope that helps :cool:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
gaucho1 said:
www.nraila.org

ammunition magazine with a capacity in excess of 10 rounds which is designed for or capable of use with a PISTOL."

or tac-9 type pistols.

That sums it up. :mrgreen: Thanks pal!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kind of fell bad now, I denied the sale to the guy and sold them to someone else. Live and learn I guess. I did find the pistol mag part, but did not find the no AK pistol part. I a jerk I guess, I hate to deny anyone gun stuff who can legally posess them, there's enough of that going on already in this country.

Maybe I can scrounge up some more and get back to the guy. I didn't even think about the shipping, I figured it would be the same as Alaska, no? Now that I think about it more, though, they would have to fly over quite a bit of ocean to get them there, huh. Oh well, live and learn like I said.

·
Registered
133 Posts
gaucho1 said:
www.nraila.org

or tac-9 type pistols.

GREAT link! Thanks for posting.

Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you use priority mail with fixed price boxes it costs the same
from anywhere in U.S. to Hawaii as to your next door neighbor.

In some ways Hawaii is as bad as Cali.,but not in all ways.

Some vendors have it right,some don't care enough to check it out.

Get a friend in montana to forward your package,or something.

:cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Last year I did a trade with a guy in Hawaii...we traded 30 round AK mags. He sent me 5 brand new Polish bakelite?Plastic? slabsides so I guess they can have them.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
As far as I know, the restrictions on hi-capacity magazines extend to the following states:

Massachusetts
New York
New Jersey
Maryland
Hawaii
California and;
some counties in Illinois.

Now, with that said, I'm not sure if the restrictions apply to pre- September 1994 manufactured magazines. But, the law does apply to magazines that can be used in a pistol.

Bud

·
Registered
374 Posts
You are lumping the restrictions together.
Some are pistol and rifle ,Hawaii is ONLY pistol.

:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am from Hawaii and the law we have here is really confusing. To confirm what is written, yes we do have a hi cap mag ban. No more than 10 rd PISTOL mag can be had by the peasents in Hawaii. I feel so safe now. Welcome to the peoples republik of Honolulu.

Now comes the gray part. Rifle mags that also fit in pistols (UZI, AR, etc) Are they pistol mags or are they rifle mags for the purposes of this ban? For the past 10 years this has been debated among shooters here with still no solid answer. Some gun stores sell AR mags, some dont. I have never seen a 30rd mag at the local range. I guess shooters dont want to roll the dice that some anti gun cop will happen to be at the range at the same time and interpret the law in a restrictive reasoning.

Generally speaking, 7.62 NATO 20 rd mags like FAL, M14 and HK91 mags seem to be ok and dont raise any gray area issues.

As for gun ownership, the only thing that is banned is Class 3 (no full auto, barrels under 16" rifles, or suppressors) stuff and "assault pistols" like the Tec9. We can own no-ban ARs, AKs, etc with no problem. Incidentally, we have universal gun registeration here too. All guns bought after about 1994 must be registered at the local PD. Guns bought before that date were grandfathered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts