AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
In the bottom left corner of the top picture is a bore brush for an RPG7. I didn't find out what those were until I got home (or I would have brought one home).

Top right corner is a 1PN56 (I think that's the nomenclature) night vision scope for rpg/ak/rpk.

Mmmmm. Loot.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Would any of that ammo or those explosives even be useable? Heck the ammo looks coated in sand and corrosion.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eodinert said:
Mmmmm. Loot.
Yes...a mass quantity of loot or booty.

First pic was just a tease for the entire front shot of what was found in the house.

You can use the pile of DShK ammo and 1PN58 can as reference designators. You can see more rifle grenades to the right of the can.

Those 120mm mortar shells and arty shells have future IED written all over them.

Oddballs in the cache....the 4 surveyor/engineer tripods.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I find this pic interesting.

At the far left, just to the right of the mortar rounds and the lone RPG is a long, pointy looking South African or Iraqi 155mm projectile (Iraqis copied or licensed the design). This is the round designed by Gerald Bull, who picked his friends poorly and ended up getting whacked by the Israelis. These ended up in a LOT of IEDs where I was.

Just above the buttstock on that RPK looking thing is a stack of drums for the AGS17, the russian belt fed grenade launcher similar to our MK19.

Just above that are some vintage british 2 inch mortar rounds. I've actually fired some of those.

That's a Chinese RPG.

Cool pics.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Good question.

All Iraqi Tabuk's were originally tooled up factory wise from Yugoslavian style weapons.

Other than the AL Kadisa, and regular Tabuk tyope AK's. I never did see a Tabuk stamped RPK when I was there. I saw many Polish, and Romy ones though......

hmmm

Gotta be Yugo RPK in the pic.....ya think? :wink:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
when I look at pics like that..........I think of my times overseas and all the toys you wanted to take home but couldn't
this is one of afew pics I took wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in 93 in Somalia

1 - 9 of 9 Posts