AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's too quiet around here, so here's another one.

As the title says, it's Iranian, and we don't know what to call it. Pretty standard striker release design, mostly plastic with steel balls imbeded in a plastic matrix for frag.

Oddly, this grenade comes filled with plastic (or plasticized) explosive (which is odd in that there is no need for plasticized explosive in a grenade, and as such most are filled with flake, powder, cast or pressed explosive). At least they don't come apart when you throw them. Easy to inert, too.

I find the embossed writing on the side especially cool; perhaps if someone took the time to translate it, it would not be known as 'model unknown'. Maybe it says 'if you can read this, infidel.... '

Edited to add: Motorcityman knew someone who could translate the writing, and took the time to do so (Thanks!). I believe the translator viewed the pictures in the opposite order, refering to the second picture first.

Direct from the translator:

In the first picture, the writing seems to be a serial number, for it is a mixture of letters and numbers. If we transliterate the letters, it will read as follows: SAL43LO59.

In the second picture, the writing can be read as "Sasid," "Sasad" or Sasud" - because the Arabic script does not usually write the short vowels - a, i or u. I do not know what its meaning is.

So there we have it...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still have one for sale.

I also have a different model Iranian grenade, I'll try to get some more pics up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
remember the iranians speak farsi not arabic

·
Registered
259 Posts
The first picture says "Sasad" or something like it...Unknown meaning.

The second picture reads "SAL63LE59" 'SAL means year'

I'm just literally translating it the best I can.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks similar to Yugo M75 but this iranian looks better IMHO, nice found!

Serbs during Kosovo war was putting those grenades in glass and stand them on doors as booby trap almost in every civilian houses

·
Registered
1 Posts
The traslation of the second picture is : SA 100
It's too quiet around here, so here's another one.

As the title says, it's Iranian, and we don't know what to call it. Pretty standard striker release design, mostly plastic with steel balls imbeded in a plastic matrix for frag.

Oddly, this grenade comes filled with plastic (or plasticized) explosive (which is odd in that there is no need for plasticized explosive in a grenade, and as such most are filled with flake, powder, cast or pressed explosive). At least they don't come apart when you throw them. Easy to inert, too.

I find the embossed writing on the side especially cool; perhaps if someone took the time to translate it, it would not be known as 'model unknown'. Maybe it says 'if you can read this, infidel.... '

Edited to add: Motorcityman knew someone who could translate the writing, and took the time to do so (Thanks!). I believe the translator viewed the pictures in the opposite order, refering to the second picture first.

Direct from the translator:

In the first picture, the writing seems to be a serial number, for it is a mixture of letters and numbers. If we transliterate the letters, it will read as follows: SAL43LO59.

In the second picture, the writing can be read as "Sasid," "Sasad" or Sasud" - because the Arabic script does not usually write the short vowels - a, i or u. I do not know what its meaning is.

So there we have it...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Your translator has literally transliterated it but I may be able to help with the meaning. The first photo has script that says "SA One Hundred", which I assume is some sort of designator or model number. The second photos says "YEAR 42" (presumably 1342 of the Persian calendar) and then "LO 59" which is how they designate the lot number on their ordinance.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Oddly, this grenade comes filled with plastic (or plasticized) explosive (which is odd in that there is no need for plasticized explosive in a grenade, and as such most are filled with flake, powder, cast or pressed explosive). At least they don't come apart when you throw them. Easy to inert, too. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts