AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK , Whats the scoop on these??

http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Code=IOIN0031&Category_Code=Long+Guns

"SSG-97 Rifle, 7.62 x 54R - US MADE **Coming Soon**

PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA!

New Romanian Dragunov-Style semi-auto rifle complete with 1x10-shot magazine, sling and cleaning kit in cal. 7.62x54R with new 4x20 sniper scope. The barrels have been hammer-forged that assures high precision.
IMPORTANT: Our rifles are original factory rifles made on CNC machinery with hammer forged barrels. Competitors are offering guns made up from surplus parts. Those rifles are not made to military specifications by the original manufacturer.
Sorry, no sales to California or Connecticut. FFL required. "

They are also showing a " U.S. Made" 7.62x39 AK :smile:

·
Registered
21,892 Posts
OOOBLARGH!

the price tag for one... 1200 for what's essentially a PSL.. you can either save up for a more interesting arm like the Chinese 308 drag copy..a Red Jacket "Red Dragon" (they're still in production I hear)

or just nab a romy for much... much less..

For the final LOL..

"It has been determined that the use of old military surplus ammunition in the SSG rifle may cause malfunctions and damage to this rifle.

Therefore, the use of any ammunition without a commercial headstamp or the use of any reloaded ammunition will void the manufacturer's warranty. Repairs on such rifles will be at the owner's expense. If I.O. cannot repair the rifle, it will be returned to the owner."

What's worse than an expensive ass rifle? Why.. its having to ONLY shoot *really* expensive commercial ammo out of it!

I'd want an even more rugged gun for THAT kinda green...and how can they tell if its got a commercial headstamp? I suppose if someone shot corrosive through it, it breaks and they fail to clean it properly the rust is a dead give-away but still...what if a hot commercial load causes this thing to shit the bed? ...the "made in America" thing is nice and all..but damn.

I'll pass...

·
Super Moderator
12,276 Posts
10Gauge said:
OOOBLARGH!

"It has been determined that the use of old military surplus ammunition in the SSG rifle may cause malfunctions and damage to this rifle.

Therefore, the use of any ammunition without a commercial headstamp or the use of any reloaded ammunition will void the manufacturer's warranty. Repairs on such rifles will be at the owner's expense. If I.O. cannot repair the rifle, it will be returned to the owner."

thats pretty funny

·
Registered
512 Posts
They were probably referring to the heavy ball 7.62x54r, which has been shown to cause early wear and damage in all PSLs. So to cover their bases they tell you not to use any surplus ammo at all. If you really had a warranty claim with it though, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
1200 for an american made PSL?? im too much of a cheapskate to pay that much when for 1200 bucks i can get a romanian psl, an ar lower and some ammo while im at it....

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
This is just another marketing 'jedi mind trick' perpetrated by IO.

These weapons aren't gonna be made in the USA any more than the ones that are already here. If they were, they'd be a lot more than $1200

The PSL doesn't need any US made parts, as it's not an 'evil' rifle that is restricted from import.

The "US Made AK" is the same AK everyone else sells, it'll still have the 6 US parts in it.

IO is just trumpeting a "legal definition" of "US made".

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
nalioth said:
This is just another marketing 'jedi mind trick' perpetrated by IO.

These weapons aren't gonna be made in the USA any more than the ones that are already here. If they were, they'd be a lot more than $1200

The PSL doesn't need any US made parts, as it's not an 'evil' rifle that is restricted from import.

The "US Made AK" is the same AK everyone else sells, it'll still have the 6 US parts in it.

IO is just trumpeting a "legal definition" of "US made".

It is a gray area, but supposedly the ATF says they are evil with a bayonet lug, or threaded muzzle... which is why all PSLs that come in or are made have the muzzle device welded and the bayo lugs lopped off. I tried to get in depth on it and no one will give a straight answer as to if it takes one, both, or none to make it "evil".

·
Registered
495 Posts
$1200? Might as well spend extra money and buy an M-1a.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts