AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've used the stocks on a couple projects to get a desired look. You shouldn't have any issue with them durability wise. The pistol grips are functional also if you don't mind the shape. The hand guards are junk and won't last ten minutes under sustained fire. They don't have a heat shield.

Nathan

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
I think that's the same stock set that comes on the Archer (Polish Beryl). The guy in this video seemed to think that while it looked cheap, it was actually pretty functional.
The price is certainly right if the quality is half way decent.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I have the butt stock on the son's MAK91 for the RPK look. It has worked well for about 8 years now. Did not use the hand guards due to the lack of heat shields. The Pistol grip he used is the US made FAL one due to his large hands.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have one on a Saiga. I wanted a non traditional look for this rifle, since it has a rail handgaurd set-up. Mine is a Archer take off that I bought from a member here, I belive it is basically the same stock as I.O. uses. It is comfortable, the cheekweld seems to be as good as a regular AK stock. It should be durable although the buttplate on mine is plastic, bonded on to the stock and the sling loop is to long, it hangs away from the stock too far. Try the WTB section, someone may have one they will sell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts