AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I traded into a 1997 imported intrac mk2 ak74 with the original case of non corrosive ammo (995 rds) from original owner(he shot it five times). the only thing he had done was wipe it down from where he shot it as the rifle was still packed with cosmoline. It only came with two mags a bulgy and east German bakelite. The gun is in excellent condition basically brand new as imported. Any ideas as to what this gun is worth.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi ZO1187..I've got one of these Intrac rifles too. I've seen them selling anywhere from $500.00 to $800.00 depending on how crazy the market is at that particular time.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Hah funny i just got one unfired myself. It has gummed up Cosmo like stuff all over it. I cleaned it up good and shot it some. Very accurate with no adjustment needed. Mine is weird as far as numbers. It uses 2 different ser# front trunnion matches selector., rear trunnion matches bolt assembly. Headspace appears to be fine. Does yours have different #'s?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm holding onto it despite the 5.45 ammo mess. I have bought and fired many rifles since my enthusiasm began. The AK 74 with the 5.45 was just so different from my x39 AK's. So enjoyable and accurate. A whole new animal. So I want to get the 2mm FSB and try to restore it best I can.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm guessing the 5.45 rifle and magazine market may be a little unsettled for a bit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah mine uses 2 different serial numbers also. I just finished converting mine back to original, couldn't find a Bakelite upper handguard so I left my blonde palm swell handguards on it. Still need to zero in after installing 22mm fsb. Having trouble posting pictures but I do have pictures in my album.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I think people are using the Bulgarian Bakelite upper HG from the milled set as a stand in. I got rid of mine it was a sweet rifle though. I just happened to get it just as the ban happens on 7n6. I can't afford to fight for another caliber right now and don't believe commercial provides the ballistics that makes the 5.45x39 the round it's meant to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts