AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on the Intrac/Arms MK11 AK-74 in 5.45x39 would be helpful to me ?
It's dated 1997 Knox,TN
looks like a old SAR#2 but without all the words written on the receiver.

Also the bolt carrier tilts upward not like the SAR#2

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
The MKII is the best platform to use for an AIMS 74 clone. That upward turned handle is unique to it, and I think only the CUR 2 and the MKII have it. Otherwise, you'd have to heat up a standard carrier and bend it yourself.

They are no longer imported, get them if you can get it at a good price.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just a side note. WASR2 5.45X.39 now has the upturned charging handle as well. I picked one up and unbanned it :twisted: . I seen 4 and they all had this feature. Take care, glocklon

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys went to Gun shop picked it up first thing this morning :dance: :lol:

Paid $440.00 do you think I paid to much ?

Has No number on the Receiver cover.

Numbers on the bolt & carrier mach with the gas tube.

different number on trineom but it maches the selector lever.
1st mag came with rifle.

Got 3 new German mags all were loaded with 30rds of 5.45x39 I paid $20.00 bucks a piece for the three extra loaded mags.

It has a blond forward pistol grip and blond rear pistol grip that mach all four mags.
The wood on the gas piston is also blond and laminated.

Also it came with a push button wire folding stock.

It also has a RPK type 1000 meter Adjustable site on it.

It's in used but new condition.
Alfred :wink:

·
Registered
935 Posts
I Hate You! I need one! Can't find one! :evil:

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has a muzzle cap on it.
How hard is it to convert to a AK-74 break ?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
762hurts said:
You cut that off.
No, don't.

Look and see how the muzzle cap is mounted.

If it's tack welded, you can bust the weld and thread the barrel.

The above method is cheesy. You should buy a Romanian military front sight block and change out the neutered one that's on it.

Then you can use a real 22mm muzzle device (more than one vendor is making them up as we speak).

·
Registered
935 Posts
That actually what I meant. But I didn't express it very well. I'm sitting on all Romy front-end stuff. Can't wait to do this too. Only seen it done until now. Is it different on this cap/barrel-band? Sar-2 vs. MKII?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
762hurts said:
That actually what I meant. But I didn't express it very well. I'm sitting on all Romy front-end stuff. Can't wait to do this too. Only seen it done until now. Is it different on this cap/barrel-band? Sar-2 vs. MKII?
Not sure what you're asking, but when the vendors start selling their 22mm brakes, I plan on adding the above FSBs to my WASRs 2/3

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice when I do it I want it done wright.
Alfred

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered a front sight from K-VAR today $50.50
Also ordered a 22mm AK-74 break from AK-U.S.A. $75.00
Money well spent.
Alfred

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
surf99 said:
I have a SAR2 that has the upward charge handle as well. Seems like the earlier SAR2s had this. Mine is 1999.
Mine did too.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
CGSteve said:
The MKII is the best platform to use for an AIMS 74 clone. That upward turned handle is unique to it, and I think only the CUR 2 and the MKII have it. Otherwise, you'd have to heat up a standard carrier and bend it yourself.

They are no longer imported, get them if you can get it at a good price.
Romak 2 as well.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I got one as a bbld receiver years ago, very accurate, I added a fsb and ak-usa comp, sar-1 wood upper/lower and romy red grip, I used e. german mags until I got some russian bakeliets. Get the surplus ammo in crates now my friend, my rifles ssn# was same as the parts you mentioned too, a couple places had the different # but they matched, so you got a great deal, you will enjoy for a long time.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Xarmy96
I plan on stocking up on the ammo soon Who has the best deals ?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I have a MKII and a SAR2 with upturned handles, they are the same gun as far as I'm concerned. I also have a SAR2 with the standard handle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts