AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the firearms department. They had my take a test about gun knowledge and one of the questions was what are the three types of shotgun chokes. I didn't know there are different types. Shit I only have one shotgun. Made me feel like a dumbass. I hate interviews.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Lets see if I remember this one...full, modified, and improved cylinder? :mrgreen:

What else did they ask you? I wanna see if I qualify to work the gun counter at Gander.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
thirdeye said:
Lets see if I remember this one...full, modified, and improved cylinder? :mrgreen:
Correct.

But there are more than that, such as turkey chokes (Extra Full and so on).

·
Registered
902 Posts
Maybe ill go apply at my local ganders today. I'm fairly knowledgeable on firearms :lol:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Oh, you mean it wasn't the one handed choke, the two handed choke and the chicken choke?

Lump

·
Registered
190 Posts
extra full, full, imp mod, mod, imp cylinder , cylinder and skeet. So don't feel bad they didn't even ask the right question. :wink: thats from tightest to open

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Based upon my experiences at Gander Mountain, I find it hard to believe that ‘gun knowledge’ was a prerequisite for their employees! :roll:

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
thirdeye said:
Correct.

But there are more than that, such as turkey chokes (Extra Full and so on).
And my favorite, Blunderbuss!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Don't leave out Diffusion - its a little more open than skeet....I have also been known to shoot "threads".

·
Registered
172 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
For the firearms department. They had my take a test about gun knowledge and one of the questions was what are the three types of shotgun chokes. I didn't know there are different types. Shit I only have one shotgun. Made me feel like a dumbass. I hate interviews.
That's a weird question. There are multiple styles of chokes including, Winchester, Remington, Beretta/Benelli, Browning Invector, and there's a few others. If they meant choke tightness/style, well, I could fill a page with different types.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
DoubleTap said:
Based upon my experiences at Gander Mountain, I find it hard to believe that ‘gun knowledge’ was a prerequisite for their employees! :roll:
:lol:

I couldn't agree with you more

·
Registered
616 Posts
I can think of more than 3 types of action as well.

semi-auto Delay/blowback and gas direct and indierct

revolver single, double , and auto revolver (very rare)

Pump action

lever action

bolt action

rotary action MINIGUN :grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts