AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, the finish is nice!
These SLR-107 rifles are GORGEOUS!

It seems like the entire rifle has the actual Arsenal Bulgaria finish, which has some surface texture on it, it is very nice. (see the pics)
The finish/paint is of a deep rich black color with slight surface texture.
The receiver, front and back trunion, rear sight base, barrel assembly, bolt & carrier, all the parts have the same black paint finish.
Only the US made muzzle brake has a different finish with different color and texture.
The paint seems to be fairly durable, and doesn't flake off.
I had the mag inserted in and out, and the mag release lever's finish wears evenly with no finish flaking off.
The safety scratch is no issue either, it finish holds on to the receiver pretty well.
Also it seems like the rifle is lightly parked then painted. I can see some light parkerization inside the receiver at some spots where the paint didn't get sprayed on.

The fit and action is good!
The bolt carrier rides on the rails very smoothly, IMO very close to my SLR101S with a milled receiver, it is that good.
The gas tube fits tight with no wobble once it is in place, and easy to get it off the RSB. However, the gas tube release lever needs a tool to get it moving, its on there tight.
Lower handguard is snug with no wobble and can be easily taken off and on.
Dust cover fits on perfectly and doesn't move at all.
All of my AK47 mags fits perfectly with no wobble. Yugo, Russian steel & bakelite, Chinese, and East German all fits nicely.
Also, no movement on the mag release lever pin on the SLR107.
On both of my SGL31 &21, the pin has slight side to side movement and rotates when I push on the mag release lever, it is annoying to me.

The rifle functioned 100% like how its suppose to, and it is pretty accurate!
Got my rifle on Friday, and already shot 500rds with no issues.
The sights on my rifle was already sighted in!
I was pleasantly surprised since this was the first Arsenal rifle that doesn't me to sight it in.
Had time today and went to the range again and shot 200rds, with about 100rds trying to get good groups at 50 yards with a red dot, I got six 5-shot groups that were 1" to 1.25", and with other groups being 1.5"-2".

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the rifle.
Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Nice rifle and review. +1 to that being an odd serial number. You'd have thought they would have started with 0001.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you guys even know who I am?
I am a pretty important person in the AK world if you don't know...
I get free guns and ammo all the time from the factory, also special prototype rifles.
Costa, Haley, hickok45, FPSRussia, Nutnfancy, those guys are nothing compare to me.

^I wish I could say the above with a straight face:p
I really hope you guys are just joking about the serial number thing...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
+1 on the serial #. The characters are Cyrillic: first one is actually "H" and the second is "N". Phonetically it sounds Ha-eN 53 0000. Now you need wood fore-grips ASAP.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 on the serial #. The characters are Cyrillic: first one is actually "H" and the second is "N". Phonetically it sounds Ha-eN 53 0000. Now you need wood fore-grips ASAP.
Good info on the Cyrillic alphabets!
That sure is different from the English counterpart.

Really did thought you guys were sarcastically joking, but I guess you weren't, haha.
I guess my college photoshop lessons really did help, thank you guys for the compliment. :bow:

·
Banned
950 Posts
Get that bakelite mag out of there and I'll trade for a nice steel Bulgarian one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really don't like the look of Bulgy Waffle.
IMO, Bakelite and AK103 polymer mags are the way to go, aesthetic wise...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just want to share a little video of me rapid firing and practicing with my SLR-107FR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts