AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some glass to improve my 100-200 yard shooting with my AK74. I need to keep it cheap cause its only purpose will be to shoot paper off a bench and not even for competition, just fun. id like to see how my rifle can perform with a finer aiming reticle.

ive been looking at these:
http://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/p ... er-ak.html
http://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/p ... er-ak.html

im pretty new to using scopes so im not really sure whats best for my purposes. any advice would be appreciated!

thanks
-matt

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a 6x isnt required, i just figured it would help yield better 100+ yard groups. id like to believe my 74 is capable of sub 2" groups at 100 yards but with my current optic (aimpoint comp3) its just not possible as the red dot is the same size as a 4" bull at 100 yards. my best groups at the moment at 6" at 100y and im sure both i and my rifle can do better then that.

-matt

·
Banned
489 Posts
If you want to spend 265 on a Pro model than do it.
Why not?

My opinion, get a Romanian tip 2 scope for 80 bucks or so. Perfectly suited for 100 meters if not 200. The magnification differance between x4 and x8 models wasn't as impressive as I'd hoped. But I'm not the most experienced shot but I must say I've impressed myself with this forementioned coupling.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like JGsales has TIP2 scopes for $98. couldnt find them any where else for under $150 so i went ahead and ordered from JG.

-matt

·
Banned
489 Posts
just posting results of a PK-A at 50 yards. Really I just wanted to see if I could finally figure out how to post a photo.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my TIP2 showed up today and it looks really nice for a surplus scope. it was easy enough to adjust to fit my AK as it adjusts and clamps exactly the same as my Midwest industries mount does except my Midwest has a better locking system.

I did find out what will be a problem, the eye relief on the scope is too long for my rifle. if I mount the scope as far forward as possible and pull my head away from the gun a little I can get a clear picture but otherwise is just a blur. im guessing the PSL has a much longer LOP or the scope mount is much further forward. ill give it a shot at the range this weekend but I suspect this scope will either be returned, go up for sale, or ill simply buy a PSL to match the scope. :grin:

-matt

edit: forget the PSL, those puppies are going for over $1000.00 on gunbroker. I could easily buy a good sub-moa bolt gun for ALOT less then that. heck if I was gonna spend that kinda $$ on a auto-rifle id buy a Springfield M1A.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts