AK Rifles banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
That lot reminds me of going to the gun show in 1989. Too bad I did not have any money back then.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Remarkable .

·
Banned
565 Posts
The 75 rounders aren't cheap, but those 100 round drum mags go for insane amounts of cash now.

I like those 1911A1's Norinco made, too. They are a pretty accurate-looking (though some might say blasphemous communist) clone of the US military version. Unless my buddy breaks down and sells me his 1943 Remington Rand I'm looking to get my hands on one eventually.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Only down side to the Norinco 1911's is the fact the 1911 they copied from already had the up sized grip screw bushings as the original gun probably had stripped bushings.

Congratulations on the score.

BTW do the Poly mags in the plastic bags have chrome followers?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Thanks for all the positive comments. I don't plan on selling any of them any time soon. Took a lot of work and cash to keep them together. In my opinion that is what is really cool about the grouping. Three insanely rare AK variants all papered to the same guy. None of the Polytech mags have chrome followers. Really hard to find them with the early stickers still in place. The original price is still stamped at the bottom of each Polytech sticker..$19.95!!

I agree sealed Chinese 100 round drums with original paperwork are getting up there in price. The Norinco 1911s are built like tanks. Great Chinese copy.

Did anyone see how early the Polytech double folder is? The serial number is a 1985 number which is one of the first years they were imported. But look how low the serial number is. Does anyone know if they started at 1000?

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Thanks for all the positive comments. I don't plan on selling any of them any time soon. Took a lot of work and cash to keep them together. In my opinion that is what is really cool about the grouping. Three insanely rare AK variants all papered to the same guy. None of the Polytech mags have chrome followers. Really hard to find them with the early stickers still in place. The original price is still stamped at the bottom of each Polytech sticker..$19.95!!

I agree sealed Chinese 100 round drums with original paperwork are getting up there in price. The Norinco 1911s are built like tanks. Great Chinese copy.

Did anyone see how early the Polytech double folder is? The serial number is a 1985 number which is one of the first years they were imported. But look how low the serial number is. Does anyone know if they started at 1000?
You should shoot a PM to member JoeZeta. He has a couple of serial #1's

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jeezus, what a great find! So much unmolested history! I’m so jealous. Way to go man! Your pictures are great also. Man o man I’m so jealous. Glad you shared this with us! Be happy!.....jeez, I’m jealous

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Who would pay $250.00 dollars for a Cheap Chinese rifle" If I heard that once I heard it a hundred times back in those days,my hunting buddies said I was crazy, had a 250 dollar underfolder I used for a truck gun back then, I just wish i would have hung on to more of them, This fellow had good taste and smarts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Unbelievable. Congrats on the pickups.
I saw one of the receipts says "Type 81 Drum AK". Why would it say Type 81? Thats a totally different gun or were they interchangeable?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts