AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from a good friend of mine a few months ago about a gun collection he was purchasing. The original owner was now deceased and the daughter was selling the entire collection. The house was full of 80s and 90s guns, most of which were untouched time capsules. I helped my friend price many of the guns and for that I was able to cherry pick most of the collection. Well it took a few months to pay everything off but in return I received one of the nicest untouched Chicom AKS lots I've ever seen. I bought every AK item from the collection. Amazing to think that the three AKs the guy purchased back in the 80s would turn out to be three of the rarest Chinese AK variants. All three AKs have the original box, manual, contents, and receipt of purchase from the 80s. I'm going to post several photos of the entire lot. I hope you guys enjoy the grouping as much as I do. There are still two crates of Chinese 7.62x39 steel core ammo and one Russian 7.62x39 ammo crate that I need to pick up. Along with that is a beautiful DP marked Chinese SKS with a pre ban 20 round star mag. I haven't had time to go over and pick them up.

Well, sit back and enjoy the pics.....

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was also a completely unfired new in the box Norinco 1911. Yes, even the old (probably 70s) Chinese flag was also in the collection. I had to snag it! Look at the original bill of sale on the Chinese drum mags which also include their manuals. Just unbelievable!!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well that's all the pics I have for right now. Let me know if there is something specific you would like to see and I'll try to take a few more. All of the mags without stickers are Chinese flat backs that are marked on the base plate. The others are Polytech still sealed in their original bags with stickers. Just check out the original prices on these rifles. If I only had a time machine. I guess this is about as close as I will get to having one.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Incredible is almost an understatement. Great find and while sad it came from an estate sale, congrats for understanding the value and keeping things as delivered. Very rare indeed!

And that red plastic fixed stock 56 is AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 56 fixed stock and the Polytech 416 still has all the cosmoline on the inside. I only wiped down the outside. The side folder maybe has had a couple mags through it that's it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys much appreciated for your comments. It was not easy keeping the entire grouping together but my friend worked with me. I'm still amazed to see three of the rarest AK variants with all their original contents and bill of sales to the same guy. Something you don't find everyday.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts