AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a tracking number from Harlan at Nodak Spud for an NDS65 for my "free-style build". It will have a couple of innovations on it that I have not used on a build before. I should have it finished in a few weeks. I did just finish a Kyber Pass gun and an AKM63. I will try to get pics of them up next week. :grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
your a lucky man I have another 4 weeks before mine will be in looking forward to seeing your new baby

·
Registered
741 Posts
I got my shipping notification from Harlan yesterday as well.

I ordered a NDS1-KP to build my AMD65 Khyber pass build.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
receiver

This receiver took a couple of weeks longer to get than the last two that I ordered. But, that's OK. All of the NDS's I've received have been top notch. I've got everything else done that I can do to the rest of the parts. A couple of years ago I built an AMD65 on an NDS-1 receiver. If I remembered correctly, Nodak Spud had their economy receiver available with the proper cuts for the AMD folder but I did not like the idea of not having stepped rails on a 1mm receiver. So, I went with the NDS-1, cut it myself and I'm glad I did. This new build will not be a standard AMD65, so I want to put an optic rail on it. I'm not sure if the profile of the folded sling loop will be flush enough with the side of the receiver to slide a scope mount onto the rail or not. If not, I'll either not put a rail on it or figure out another location for the sling loop. I'm building this one from a Copes cut barrel kit so I am using a take-off 16" barrel from a Hungarian AMMS that I also bought from Copes.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NDS-65

Heartbreakridge01, (love that movie!) the NDS-65 is Nodak Spuds receiver for building an AMD65 parts kit. It is basically an NDS-1 with the proper cuts already made for the folding stock trunion of an Hungarian AMD65.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
oh i looked on there site before posting but i guess i missed it! makes sense lol AMD65 NDS65....

lol love the move to! "the sound of an enemy's AK47 makes a distinict sound!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts