AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pick up a Saiga 308 that I scored from a fellow member here at the AK Forum and finished the paperwork so I wondered around the store. Hangin' on the rack was a Saiga 12, included two 5rd factory mags and one 10rd AGP mag.

Total was 580 out the door.

fair?

thanks,

t

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
considering you can barley get them for 600 shipped and with only one 5 rdr id say more than fair for todays market- (there will of course be the people who remember the old days of the s12 and say the gun's only worth 279 and their not gonna buy one at these high prices and bla bla bla bla bitch complain, moan, the market is what it is deal) if you take out the $50$ agp mag and the $25-35 5 rd mag you got the gun itself for about 525, wayyyy more than reasonable today.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell ya what, all I've seen at the shows and on auction were 12's that had been modified. Problem with that is they wanted 150% (or more) for the mods. Throw a Tapco SF stock on and they figure it's automatically worth another $200.

NO!

Lookin' forward to this though. Didn't pick it up, got some problems on the homefront at the moment but they'll pass and then I'll go get it.

t

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought new for $600 + shipping. Some are getting for less, many are getting for more. A few people are selling on cologunmarket.com for $700 + new.

I think you have a fair deal for $580 given the current demand.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya. Truth be known, I shoulda just paid whatever they wanted for an early Ithaca 37. Used to have a Deerslayer Police with a Featherlight barrel, sold it back in the 70's for $100 and to this day haven't replaced it.

:oops:

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
BigJimCalhoun said:
I bought new for $600 + shipping. Some are getting for less, many are getting for more. A few people are selling on cologunmarket.com for $700 + new.

I think you have a fair deal for $580 given the current demand.
At the Houston GRB Gun Show last weekend I saw the first Saiga 12's I'd seen in a while. MGS had 'em for just under $600. Most others were under $650.

Saiga .308's were around $500 each for either barrel length.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Trueno said:
Went to pick up a Saiga 308 that I scored from a fellow member here at the AK Forum and finished the paperwork so I wondered around the store. Hangin' on the rack was a Saiga 12, included two 5rd factory mags and one 10rd AGP mag.

Total was 580 out the door.

fair?

thanks,

t
:shock:

That's a lot more than fair!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts