AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, im new here so hello.

Second, are PSL's even imported anymore? Ive searched a few times but haven't found a definitive answer. I have one of these things and haven't had the opportunity to shoot her yet but I hear they are great and would like to know if they will be returning/already have.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Welcome aboard.

and no, they haven't been for a while which is why they are getting pricey, kits can be found with original barrel, but when you throw in cost of a receiver and labor it's more expensive than just buying one already assembled. Or you can find partial parts kits and turn down a Nagant barrel and peice it together. I love my PSL, very fun rifle to shoot. With r way things are going I'd say get one now while you can for a decent price.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Century brought in a small quantity last year, but they sold out quickly. The last one I saw from that lot was on GB and the shop owner was asking twice what he paid....and got it!

.....and welcome to the The AK Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. It's too bad they aren't importing them any more. They used to go for around $500 bucks which is crazy compared to how things are now. The metal finish on mine is a bit beat up (no surprise there) and i was thinking about refinishing it. Would this be a bad idea and ruin any value it has?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
These are popular why aren't they a normal import? They seem to come and go. I got in on the last big shipment and paid 699 with 4 mags, pouch etc.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I guess the Romanians can pump out more WASR's faster and cheaper for a better profit than building more PSL's. I wish they'd take a break from those and just sell us some damn virgin CLHF barrels.
The Romanians are just filling the orders that they've received. Blame uninterested importers for the lack of variety.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts