AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glock 41. 45acp long slide

glock 42. Single stack 380......sigh :( That should have been a 9mm. However, interesting to see if someone makes a 9x18 conversion

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully the 380 is a precursor to a single stack 9mm.
Im not a fan of either offering but you'd figure with the popularity of the Shield and other single stack 9s .......you'd figure they'd jump on that. 380 popularity is so 2010

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Im not a fan of either offering but you'd figure with the popularity of the Shield and other single stack 9s .......you'd figure they'd jump on that. 380 popularity is so 2010
It has blown my mind for years now considering how popular single stack 9's are. I'm shocked by this instead. It looks neat, but I really don't need a striker fired PPK. The 41 is awesome though. Reminds me of that HK offensive pistol (model escapes me) that costs a fortune now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It has blown my mind for years now considering how popular single stack 9's are. I'm shocked by this instead. It looks neat, but I really don't need a striker fired PPK. The 41 is awesome though. Reminds me of that HK offensive pistol (model escapes me) that costs a fortune now.

I think you are thinking of the MK23.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
380 Glocks were made for South American countries where 9mm is illegal but .380 is allowable.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The new G42 seem's like a total fail. Why buy a .380 that's the size of a nine?

They are going to sell a metric crap load of these. The size is the point. It's has the sight radius, weight, and controllability of a "full/real" size pistol coupled with a small cartridge. The result will be a remarkable easy and nice shooting gun for the recoil sensitive. Shooting 380 out of an LCP - kinda sucky. Shooting 380 out of a Glock 19 sized package - fun. I might get one for S.O.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
They are going to sell a metric crap load of these. The size is the point. It's has the sight radius, weight, and controllability of a "full/real" size pistol coupled with a small cartridge. The result will be a remarkable easy and nice shooting gun for the recoil sensitive. Shooting 380 out of an LCP - kinda sucky. Shooting 380 out of a Glock 19 sized package - fun. I might get one for S.O.
Looks like the g42 is not a full size actually: Revealed: Glock 41 & 42 Pistols | Guns & Ammo

overall length is less than 6 inches, a little smaller than a PPK

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I stand corrected.

I still think they are going to sell a boat load though ;)
You sir are absolutely right! It's still a neat gun, it just won't fit any gap in my collection.

I wish .380 was cheaper to shoot, it actually is a fun round IMO. My Beretta 85 Cheetah is a fun gun to shoot, and a tack driver. It's a good change of pace from normal rounds every now and then.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts