AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i watched The beast again last night, (you guys sure do recommend good movies) well anyway. when Constantine fixes the rpg he takes a trigger from a Enfield. here is the question, i know hollyweird does allot of stupid stuff. so i probably should be flogged for thinking this..but any truth maybe to that? i have never seen a rpg and could any trigger drop in? how does a rpg trigger pack function?

Ronald

·
Registered
551 Posts
wow, good question, I wondered this years ago when I saw the movie for the first time, if it was possible. :mrgreen:

someone will be along in a while with an answer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wildmann43, didnt think of that angle, could be truth to that, i maybe could buy a trigger srpring. to me it looked like he dropped the whole trigger in.

Ronald

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Never thought about it? Have to watch it again!

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Its beens a long long time since i've seen that movie, I went to Blockbuster but they dont have it. As far as the RPG goes, the trigger group is very simple and i'm sure someone with decent metal working skills could make something work in a jam, i know i could. Its funny i took these pics last night, I'm building a replica RPG-2. In this picture its shown with an RPG7 trigger group which is the same as the RPG-2 so i'm using it as a doner for my RPG2 project. McM

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Also if you look closely at the trigger group in order for it to work without the proper trigger all you would need is something to engage the sear trip. When you squeeze the trigger all it does is push up on the flat spring which releases the hammer. McM

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
He doesn't take the trigger spring out of the Enfield, he takes the leaf spring out from the rear sight.......

"RPG - kaboom-tank!" :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I was at Walmart this afternoon with the woman and i thought about this thread so i headed over to the dvd section and found the movie for $5.50 so after dinner i watched it. Templar is right he used the leaf spring from the rear sight. Under the circumstance of the sear trip spring breaking like in the movie the RPG could still fire without the trigger, you would just have to pull the hammer down with your thumb and release it, which in turn would hit the firing pin, kinda like thumbing a single action revolver where you squeeze the trigger and just thumb back the hammer and release it, it would work with this trigger group except you wouldnt need to hold the trigger. McM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts