AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally found some time to relax and clean up a bunch of mags that I ordered from way back. I was actually fortunate enough to order a few shipments of the very first Sportsman's Guide AK47 mag special. The one where they were offering 10 mag packs for under $20 (Sep '05). I ordered a few of those packs the very first day that they sent the announcements out and they sold out in like two days. Good times. I also got in on the never ending SG mag lottery and ordered a few boxes of those.

Well I'm tired of looking at the boxes stacked up over by the safe. I'm cleaning as many of them up as possible tomorrow. I've not even opened some of the boxes upon receiving them. It'll be like Christmas!!

Got a batch soaking in some old kerosene and they should be ready early in the morn. The first batch had mostly Romanian, Yugo and two Bosnian 2-rib mags.

I love this stuff.

DK

·
Registered
512 Posts
I got in on that too. They were $25 per 10 pack. For some reason I only bought one. :confused: At the time I guess I thought 10 mags was all one person could ever need. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I got in on both those deals as well - the original sale of all Romanian mags, and the second "mag lottery". I did get them all cleaned up, labeled and put into Travis mag-bags. I am just getting tired of looking at the cardboard boxes full of them, and need to find some stackable plastic containers that fit magazines well.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Frostbite said:
I got in on both those deals as well - the original sale of all Romanian mags, and the second "mag lottery". I did get them all cleaned up, labeled and put into Travis mag-bags. I am just getting tired of looking at the cardboard boxes full of them, and need to find some stackable plastic containers that fit magazines well.
if you ever find a good stack able plastic container for mags please pass it along!!!
I have been trying but not having alot of luck :smile:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got most of them cleaned up this morning. I've had my fill of kerosene and cosmoline today.

The only good finds were the following:

* 2- Bosnian two-rib mags
* 2- All stamped Chinese
*1 - Russian? w/CB inside a diamond, arrow in triangle, spot welded feedlips, 10 inside an oval all on the spine
*1 - European mag w/double circle F on the spine

The rest were normal Yugo bolt hold-open and standard european mags.

DK

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
DK, you inspired me. I just finished cleaning, and bagging 20 FAL mags I bought in the last mag deal a year or two ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts