AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They charge $9.30 for a $15 sling and still require a signature for delivery even though I asked them not to because I have a secure coded locked garage for packages. Since UPS only comes between 10:30AM-2:30PM I have to drive 30 minutes to the UPS office and get my package after 7:00 PM.

Policy or not they are ANAL. I will shop somewhere else and pay more if at all possible instead of giving my money to A-Holes.

Rant off. MV out! :evil:

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
I understand what you're saying, everyone gets upset when parts don't arrive when they should, how they should, etc.

The folks as KVAR are not a bad bunch....Give Bob a call and tell him the problems you're having, and find out if there is a way to work around them...

KF

·
Registered
589 Posts
Never had a problem with K-Var except for the high shipping charges.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
CornFedHusker said:
Never had a problem with K-Var except for the high shipping charges.
I was just going to type the same sentence.. :smile:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Dieter122 said:
kvar has pretty shitty product availability, not sure about customer service firsthand.....prices on some items are high, others are good deals.....and then theres those that would be great to have, if they were IN STOCK.

ive ordered a number of things from KMart and have been thrilled, except for the shipping fees they hit me with.
Man,you have to realize this is Eastern Block AK stuff they deal in,there are alot of loops and hurdles that have to be manuvered through just to get the parts into the Country.

·
Registered
698 Posts
JOHNO said:
Dieter122 said:
kvar has pretty shitty product availability, not sure about customer service firsthand.....prices on some items are high, others are good deals.....and then theres those that would be great to have, if they were IN STOCK.

ive ordered a number of things from KMart and have been thrilled, except for the shipping fees they hit me with.
Man,you have to realize this is Eastern Block AK stuff they deal in,there are alot of loops and hurdles that have to be manuvered through just to get the parts into the Country.
I have never had a problem with a Kvar order. Just what Johno stated. It's comeing from oversea . It gets here as fast as custom and the row boat will allow. WarDawg

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I like K-Var but their shipping rates are bullshit, for example, a broken shell extractor shouldn't cost $10 to ship when you can get the same thing elsewhere shipped for $1.50, it's stupid ...
The way they handled the long awaited 5.56x45 mags this last time was crappy also. The price gouging on these has already started, K-Var should have put a limit on them the way they usually do ...

All in all K-Var is a good company that gets us those hard to find parts, they just need some tweaking here and there ...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hey Montana........life's a bitch living rural, isn't it (I'm 20 miles from a UPS hub)??? I bet if you lived in Chicago or L.A. you'd have a UPS center within minutes walking/mugging distance and everything would be OK. :wink:

I've been dealing with K-Var a long time. Parts no-one else has (WHEN they have them :roll: ) and customer service as good as ANYONE. :cool:

:smile:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
On each order, I add this in the comments field....

" Do not ship *signiture required* - no one home from 8 to 5"

They have never shipped "signiture required " since I've done this. Got every order.... no problems.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
only thing i ever got from them was a plum us stockset for my mak90...no probs with item or shipping....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Their shipping is bullshit. I can ship anything, regardless of weight, in a USPS flat rate box for $8 to anywhere in the USA. Technically, if I could fit 100 lbs. of lead in the box, it's still only $8. KVAR will send a slant brake which only weighs what??? about 200 grams??? and then charge you $10 to ship it in a padded envelope that should have cost less than $2.

They should cut their prices down alot since they make nothing but pure profit off of shipping the small stuff.

If I need anything from them, I make sure I get enough stuff to make the shipping worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts