AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bulgarian AKS-74 M1A1 5.56NATO stamped sidefolder! One of only maybe five in the US? Someone on here has to own another one but I love mine. A little history here; the first versions known as Pattern 1 circa 1996 or about there of had 74 front sight blocks with Plum soviet furniture to distinguish them but later had AKM front sight blocks with black furniture to distinguish them. However there we're only a few made for export but Arsenal BG doesn't even have one in their museum and now only produce 5.56NATO rifles in milled 7.62 pattern.

You can see I dressed her up a bit, added the new Bulgarian slotted flash hider with new Bulgarian tactical mall ninja sling and ultra uber cool see through magazines!

:razz:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now this next picture is the original Arsenal Factory promotional photograph of original Bulgarian Pattern 2 variant AKS-74M1A1, mine is pattern 1, differences in sight block and furniture color only. Arsenal doesn't even have one of these in their museum.

Original Factory AKS-74M1A1 stamped 5.56NATO, Pattern 2.

Original Factory AK-74 M1A1 Stamped 5.56NATO, Fixed Stock Pattern 2.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Now if Arsenal starting making these. Only then would I consider owning a 5.56 rifle. The milled receiver of the SA-M5 doesn't appeal to me. This definately does! :razz:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Bulgarian AKS-74 M1A1 5.56NATO ....

Got one, but mine is fixed, wood stock, final build by Chris Butler. I had the mag well adapted for Weigers - they work flawlesley, and I have a shitload of them :)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The AKS-74 M1A1 is the stamped 5.56NATO with the "S" for sidefolder and the "M1A1" for the 5.56 designation. Fixed version was the AK-74M1A1. Milled guns were M designation but with caliber in front of designation.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Great piece. That is the first one that I have seen. I am a big fan of all the bulgy's., but that is nice. Is that stamped made in bulgarian on the receiver? If not what donor receiver is that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts