AK Rifles banner

I'll be living in a "free state" by my 26th birthd

1K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  brownstown 
#1 ·
:grin: september 23. i shall arrive in colorado.

moving in with some friends in loveland. furiously sending out resumes in attempt to get a job (up to 13 so far...)

if i get a job early i can use my spare cash to buy the handguns the state of NY has unconstitutionally denied me for my entire adult life :goof:

exciting stuff.

#5 ·
brownstown said:
Make sure you save some coin to get your Ski pass for the season...

Man do I miss Colorado...

yeah i used to ski a bit when i lived in central NY. haven't really had the cash since i've been living on my own. hopefully the gods of decent hourly wage smile on me out there and i'll be able to get back into it. i hear skiing out west is the shiz. :grin:

#7 ·
CNC maintenance, fun stuff I can smell the grease, chips, and oil as I type this.

Good job on getting out of the people's republic of NY, are there any laws on taking firearms which are registered in NY out of state when you move?

#9 ·
rdm said:
CNC maintenance, fun stuff I can smell the grease, chips, and oil as I type this.

Good job on getting out of the people's republic of NY, are there any laws on taking firearms which are registered in NY out of state when you move?

believe it or not, long guns are not registered here :shock:

so no problems. throw em in my u-haul and roll...

any advice for driving through the people's republic of illinois? i'm going to be making a quick stop in cook county :roll: got a buddy to stay with there, it'll save me a hotel fee. I think he lives in schaumberg.
as long as they're locked up and unloaded in the u-haul trailer i should be good to go right?

#10 ·
rdm said:

at the moment i'm messing more with waterjets and lasers. so mud and steel slag. :grin:

goddamn waterjets can make a mess :goof:

#13 ·
thirdeye said:
Welcome. You should come shootin with us sometime.
thanks for the warm welcome man. i posted on here a few months ago about moving to CO and was told "Colorado is full" :lol:

you in the front range area? seems like there's not a lot of official ranges out there, but it's pretty accepted to find yourself an open bit of area and pop a few off.

i'm defeinitely getting an LMT lower with a collapsible stock, a glock 19, a walther P22 and a yugo underfolder within a couple of monthes. :cool:

#17 ·
skyugo said:
thirdeye said:
Welcome. You should come shootin with us sometime.
thanks for the warm welcome man. i posted on here a few months ago about moving to CO and was told "Colorado is full" :lol:

you in the front range area? seems like there's not a lot of official ranges out there, but it's pretty accepted to find yourself an open bit of area and pop a few off.

i'm defeinitely getting an LMT lower with a collapsible stock, a glock 19, a walther P22 and a yugo underfolder within a couple of monthes. :cool:
Yeah Im on the front range, northwest of Denver, along with %99 of the population of Colorado. Plenty of indoor ranges to choose from. Not a lot of outdoor ranges. The few that exist are usually private and have a loooong waiting list to become a member. Im fortunate enough to have a friend whose a member of the Boulder rifle club so I get to shoot there as a visitor. There's plenty of BLM land nearby to shoot at though. National forest land too as long as you can get far enough way not to scare the libtards. Basically, IMO, Colorado is just a step in the right direction. You want true freedom, move to Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, etc.

#18 ·
any shooting spots open in CO? last one I knew of was shut down due to hikers and bikers, yes outside of boulder... Only can shoot my AK in natl forest, Cherry Creek Reservoir is the biggest rip off in shooting ranges, can have a nice trip into the MTN's and lunch and gas included for their prices. Plus at Cheery Creek you must wait on slow people. I do enough of that here in our crappy traffic, no thanks when I try to have fun, lol.

Colorado is awesome overall, dont come to Aurora unless you wanna see tons of hard urban gangsters... their so hard iam scared of spray paint.... LMAO, lamers

Hope your not from Texas or Cali, cuz you missed the immigration from those states by 5 years, lol :)

#20 ·
thirdeye said:
skyugo said:
thirdeye said:
Basically, IMO, Colorado is just a step in the right direction. You want true freedom, move to Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, etc.

i want freedom, but i want a job too. :goof:
the front range seems to have a raging high tech industry.

i'll get my place out in the hills someday....

#21 ·
"Good job on getting out of the people's republic of NY"

GOOD for you! You've taken job skills OUT of a slave state, and transfered them to a free state. Move first, then be sure to tell the NY AG how much in tax dollars NY has lost.

For reference? I got out of California in 1987. By my estimate, they have lost a minimum of $40,000.00 in personal and property taxes - now, I'm retired, and they are loosing a good $8500.00 per year as I continue to live.

Hit the Bastards where it hurts... the wallet.

#26 ·
skyugo said:
brownstown said:
Make sure you save some coin to get your Ski pass for the season...

Man do I miss Colorado...

yeah i used to ski a bit when i lived in central NY. haven't really had the cash since i've been living on my own. hopefully the gods of decent hourly wage smile on me out there and i'll be able to get back into it. i hear skiing out west is the shiz. :grin:
Remeber BackCountry is free...whatch out for avalanches though, seriously...it can kill you..some of the best untouched poweder is in the backcountry...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.