AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know people or have friends that don't own multiple AK, AR, M1, etc... My question is this;

If you had to take one gun with you out of your friend's collection what would it be?

My friends closet has;

Marlin 30-30
10/22
single shot 12ga
single shot 20ga
22 Magnum revolver 9 shot

It would be a toss up between his 10/22, and the Marlin lever 30-30. I also know he doesn't have but a box of ammo for each .

Scary thought to be stuck with something i didn't choose, or maintain.

What do you think? (your choice doesn't have to be within these)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Uncle has a nice 5.56 valmet. WarDawg

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Any bolt gun in a common full size round.

Even if I'd never used it before, it would take a rocket scientist to figure out how, and I'd be able to maintain it without the difficulty of trying to figure out an oddball action.

·
Registered
902 Posts
If i had to raid my dads collection id have a hard time choosing. Prolly the styer ssg p2 in .308, and a pistol of some sorts...

·
Registered
900 Posts
A friend's 1911 and his AR (he doesn't have any AK's). He also has a nice custom rifle which would make a good sniper rifle, if needed.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Id take my buddies resing SMG

·
Registered
314 Posts
Honestly, pretty much all of my friend's are armed to the teeth. If they weren't, we probably wouldn't be friends. :twisted:

It would be pretty hard to pick: would have to figure out if silenced or full-auto had more strategic advantage. Of course, they would all be coming to my house for the "reach out and touch em" stuff. All of our collections tend to complement each other. That aslo works out for the best since sometimes they find new toys for me and I find new toys for them and there is really no desire to "keep it for myself".

·
Registered
170 Posts
My dad has a Ted Williams lever action .30-30, it belonged to his father and he lovingly refers to it as "the deer rifle". I'd like to have it someday, to pass on to posterity.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My friend's Vepr K 7.62x39.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
wow, this is a weird fucking topic :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
phreakmode said:
wow, this is a weird fucking topic :confused:
+1, but I'll try.

In keeping with, what I believe to be, the spirit of this post, I'll limit my choices to the Friends I would probably be closer to in the event of a catastrophy.

In one case I'd have a choice between several M1 Carbines or an AK,.............I'd choose the AK.

The other case, I'd have to take an M4.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Nearly all my friends have guns too.

I have two with NFA Thompsons, I'd have to decide whether the Savage M1/M1A1 or the Colt 1921/28overstamp w/drums....

:dance:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Depending on the friend: Springfield Armory M1A1, (4) AR15's of various makes, an AK and an SKS. No matter whose house I'm at they are all armed fairly well. "Birds of the same feathers flock together." We all have similar beliefs and ideals and we share a passion for weaponry.

·
Registered
392 Posts
my friends are all peaceniks and gun haters. looks like i need new friends....however, my enthusiasm and collection has become fascinating to the chicks in my life so i cant complain about that. on wednesday ladies shoot free at my range so i have not yet had any trouble finding an activity partner for that evening. who needs friends when i have girls and guns

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow:

Some you have far better friends than I. I think i may have to start CC Something with a little more punch.

Perhaps a Krink pistol with this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkoyCgxqojI

then i wouldn't worry about who's house i am at...

Seriously though i may have to find out the legality of keeping an oh shit weapon permanently in the trunk...

thanks guys

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Had a friend in Kentucky who's father was a coal mine operator; they had multiple full auto rifles for the mining strikes of the 60's and 70's. I'd have to take his Browning BAR for sure. :grin:

·
Registered
616 Posts
AK or AR is what I would end up with and probably something I made or helped assemble. :grin:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
My brother FA uzi (with folding stock and can)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts