AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I have hardly any problems to correctly identify my Romanian AK 74, I need your help.
Spent hours identifying the markings to find out the manufacturer and the year of manufacture.
Never have such a serial prefix with only one letter and only three instead of a four-digit serial number.

rps20200725_193014.jpg rps20200725_192933.jpg rps20200724_230457.jpg rps20200725_193608.jpg rps20200725_194302.jpg

Have you possibly made "atypical" productions for the Swiss market? Thank you for your Help

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
In English:
Since I have hardly any problems to correctly identify my Romanian AK 74, I need your help.
Spent hours identifying the markings to find out the manufacturer and the year of manufacture.
Never have such a serial prefix with only one letter and only three instead of a four-digit serial number.

A valid question, Herr Daisy, but please translate to English before posting.
Eine gültige Frage, Herr Daisy, aber bitte übersetzen Sie ins Englische, bevor Sie posten.[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A valid question, Herr Daisy, but please translate to English before posting.
Eine gültige Frage, Herr Daisy, aber bitte übersetzen Sie ins Englische, bevor Sie posten.[SUB][/SUB]
[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh, something went wrong with the translation: doh :.
I'm sorry there was no intention to actually post in English

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Ach, my apologies, it should be Frau Daisy!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is the handguard a palm swell and is there a lever to fold the stock? I would imagine an export model md86. Manufactured in the Cugir factory by ROMARM. The triangle between the rivets is a dead giveaway as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Can be a mod. 86 but I can't say for sure. The serial identification was made up of a 2-letter prefix and a 4-digit serial number?
rps20200726_124231.jpg

I don't have a folding stock :
rps20200726_091219.jpg rps20200726_090922.jpg
2 different unmarked hand guards:
rps20200726_090310.jpg rps20200726_090825.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
They did make md86/AIMS74 rifles with fixed stocks for export. The optics rail and the up-swept charging handle are indications as well that it's both an export model and a md86/AIMS74. Selector markings as well.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
To me, it doesn't look like the original serial number.
It was probably erased and restamped.
The year of manufacture and the serial number font don't match.
1992 and J 056 look very dissimilar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bedeut das das CH56-Zeichen ein Hinweis zur Wahrnehmung sein? Die Zahlen stimmen mit der S / N-Angaben.
Und es gibt keine Schweizer Importmarke.
Es gibt auch keine Seriennummer auf dem Schloss oder dem Deckelgehäuse. Gibt es eine andere Möglichkeit, stirbt zu gehen?
rps20200726_121731.jpg

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Isn't "CH" the symbol for Switzerland? Maybe that would be the import mark.

What are those marks around the front trunnion and between the 2 trunnion rivets?
Was something erased there?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Isn't "CH" the symbol for Switzerland? Maybe that would be the import mark.

What are those marks around the front trunnion and between the 2 trunnion rivets?
Was something erased there?

The marking between the trunnion rivets is the same symbol you typically find on a Cugir AKM receiver, though on the other side.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Is it just me or does the selector have 4 positions with 2 of them being marked in the wrong order? I’m not an expert of all models/years and options but all the way down is usually semi and up 1 is FA?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is it just me or does the selector have 4 positions with 2 of them being marked in the wrong order? I’m not an expert of all models/years and options but all the way down is usually semi and up 1 is FA?
It does :) The MD86 has full auto, semi auto and 3 round burst. Take a look at the FCG. It has a really interesting plate inside that allows for the three round burst functionality. Really neat.

Also upon looking further the triangle between the rivets should be on the other side on the md86 as well so that's unusual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
only thought that weapons would be imported before 2012. But then it would have to be the importer's mark number and the year ..

Looks like this:
IMG_20200803_181928.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts