AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
It's a AK-47 type 2 variant, only produced at Izhevsk. These were made only for a few years between 1951 and 1954.
Based on your serial number it's most likely sometime in 1954. Probably second half towards the end of production.
From the looks of it your gun was 'sanitized'. Area that supposed to have that info looks sanded/ground. Pretty good clean job, so probably professionally done.

Registered
izhmash logo and year of production should be as below.
your's seems to be ground and then re-stamped. this looks like a purposeful obfuscation of original identification. maybe by Izhmash even.
Post pics of receiver serial number as well as other serialized parts side by side. i want to see if fonts match. if they do then it's Izhmash re-numbering job. whatever reason might be to do it? who knows.

Registered
How do you know that?

Registered
[/QUO

Thanks for sharing. Perfect timing

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks @ptica for helping me. One more question though, I have 3 AKM, frist from 1963 (Tula), second 1963 (Izhevsk) and last from 1965 (Izhevsk). Do you think that taking in account different factories the one from Tula will have higher value for collectors on the market?
Thanks

Registered
One more question though, I have 3 AKM, frist from 1963 (Tula), second 1963 (Izhevsk) and last from 1965 (Izhevsk). Do you think that taking in account different factories the one from Tula will have higher value for collectors on the market?
In Russia value same, not differents Tula-Izhmash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts