·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to have a little discussion about the iconic Ice Cube AK image:
maxresdefault.jpg
Not to be confused with the AK ice cube image:
e7b4_ak_ice_cube_tray.jpg
I am assuming the gun is a preban Chinese AKMS of some sort. What do you guys think?
When was this photo taken? Where? Who are the other people in it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Meh. I'm sure it's largely symbolic thuggery instead of actual. Those guys smoke so much weed I'm surprised the pic is fairly clear and in focus.

I think the other dude is a member of Cypress Hill.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can't believe someone would pose with a rubber duck to boost their "cred". Fuckin' weak!:jerkoff:

I'm also embarrassed that I didn't catch it being a fake right off.
I kept looking at the pic thinking "there's something off about this picture". :doh:

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Meh. I'm sure it's largely symbolic thuggery instead of actual. Those guys smoke so much weed I'm surprised the pic is fairly clear and in focus.

I think the other dude is a member of Cypress Hill.
Actually I think both of them are there. The other one is the guy sitting in the chair in the background

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well, that's kinda apropos, come to think of it. Using a fake-ass rifle to portray their fake-ass gangsta-ness.

LAWL

·
Registered
212 Posts
What the hell is a rubber duck? I clicked the link and I still don't get it. What is the evidence that its a fake?

The guy next to him is b-real from Cypress Hill. i can't tell who the others are because their faces are obscured by the rifle or duck or whatever it is.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What the hell is a rubber duck? I clicked the link and I still don't get it. What is the evidence that its a fake?

The guy next to him is b-real from Cypress Hill. i can't tell who the others are because their faces are obscured by the rifle or duck or whatever it is.

The gun is made out of rubber. You can easily tell if you look at the hand guards. The paint is coming off of it.

Also, I have that 7.62x39 ice cube mold and it's awesome!

·
Registered
9 Posts

They were used to train the military with (Vietnam era)to be familiar with enemy weapons.Most have seen better days like this one.
Made out of a rigid rubber, hence the rubber duck.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
All I know is my freezer needs that ice cube tray

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Nearly all the reviews of the AK-47 ice cube tray say it's total junk. Nice idea in concept but in reality it doesn't work too well. Look it up, Amazon sells them.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Nearly all the reviews of the AK-47 ice cube tray say it's total junk. Nice idea in concept but in reality it doesn't work too well. Look it up, Amazon sells them.
I have one and it isn't too bad. The "bullets" don't look perfect, but they look like bullets :) Anyway, it's a nice novelty item that my girlfriend got me for a present. In that respect it was awesome. The ice cubes do melt and lose shape rather quickly when you put them in a liquid since they are so small.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Pretty sure that's a 90s vintage photo - from back when Ice Cube was still rapping...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts