AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess there should be a decision in about 45 minutes. Verizons contract with the Communications Workers on America expires at midnight. Verizon wants to cut our healthcare in our new contract. I hope we do not walk. This means essentially all Verizon employees other than management.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
good luck! :oops:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
good luck man.my father in law just retired last year from verizon.its the only job he'd worked since coming home from vietnam with a purple heart.he had to weather a few strikes himself.keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Good Luck Sean, our contract is also up this year and the negotiating is going slow. I guess it's all part of the game, but the stakes are high :wink:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They stopped the clocks on negotiations last night so we are still bargaining and working under the expired contract but we could walk at any time. Back in 2000 we walked for 19 days, and a few days in 1997 too. Hopefully it will all go well this year.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
h8mtv said:
They stopped the clocks on negotiations last night so we are still bargaining and working under the expired contract but we could walk at any time. Back in 2000 we walked for 19 days, and a few days in 1997 too. Hopefully it will all go well this year.
Shit man I hope it goes well for you! Things like this make me glad I am Self-employed! I got tired of working for the man at an early age :neutral:

Good Luck,
T

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it were not for the medical I'd go self employed. If they pull it I may quit. Sucks to drop a job you'd had for 11years though. The job is great. Company is just terrible though. I miss the Bell Atlantic days.

·
Registered
446 Posts
machinegunt said:
h8mtv said:
Shit man I hope it goes well for you! Things like this make me glad I am Self-employed! I got tired of working for the man at an early age :neutral:

Good Luck,
T
+1 and amen

·
Registered
881 Posts
I worked for Bell Atlantic but left in December of 2001 because of the merger. I liked the job and the company (back then) but after the merger they gave our division (High Speed Solutions) to the GTE folks and they were assholes so I bailed out.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Man I hope it goes good for you. I have been on one extension after another for a year now. Sucks bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts