AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...yesterday that cugir is not producing anything at this time because they are moving their plant to iraq. Is there any truth to this? If so why Iraq? Not exactly my first choice in moving as its still somewhat a war zone even though we aren't there anymore. Not to mention Iraqs future is not certain.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
priler said:
if you don't mind,who told you this? was it a vendor? were you asking about or trying to buy a WASR?
It was a friend of mine who owns his own store. I wasn't asking about a wasr he brought it up as a guess what.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,935 Posts
Sounds pretty wild if ya ask me, but I guess stranger things have happened.
Keep us in the loop if you hear anything else.
 

·
Technical Advisor
Joined
·
15,735 Posts
I would say virtually zero chance of being accurate. Romania is a NATO, EU, Wassenaar Arrangement member. No way they are moving an arms production factory to a restricted and proscribed location like Iraq.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,435 Posts
Maybe the plant is working on filing an Iraq Army/Police contract and then it turned into a rumor about them moving to Iraq. :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know something is up. My century rep cut off my mag orders last year to just a few with some vague explanation of possible shortages this year. Now I'm hearing about Serbian manufactured aes-10b's. The wasr's are trickling out but they seem slow. My dealer kept a minimum of 5 on her wall last year and can't get one this. Part of it could be the panic buying already but even my buddy can't get them right now which is strange for him. He seems to be able keep plenty of wasr's even back during the 08-09 panic.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
neinLG said:
...yesterday that cugir is not producing anything at this time because they are moving their plant to iraq. Is there any truth to this? If so why Iraq? Not exactly my first choice in moving as its still somewhat a war zone even though we aren't there anymore. Not to mention Iraqs future is not certain.



It was a friend of mine who owns his own store. I wasn't asking about a wasr he brought it up as a guess what.

that is the BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGEST load of bullshit I have heard, next to the SAIGA 12 import ban. you may not have been asking about a WASR, but more then likely what he is doing is coming up with that "pearl" in hopes you will jump in on buying one, or spreading his bullshit to others and they come in to buy one.

anybody can start a bullshit rumor and all it takes is for one gullible person to hear it, spread it and the next thing you know it, it hits the net, guns shows etc and gullible people believe it.... Ie. SAIGA 12 import ban, how many fell for that bullshit and bought S12 for stupid money. I can attest to the fact I have seen S12 bing sold for 1200+ bucks at the show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
I did a little searching on this topic and found this article from 1 year ago which addresses to some extent the status of the Cugir factory:
Romanian Cugir armament factory exports products worth 9 million dollars to the US
http://english.hotnews.ro/stiri-top...orts-products-worth-9-million-dollars-the.htm And there's more to this story here: http://actmedia.eu/daily/romanian-c...ducts-worth-9-million-dollars-to-the-us/32889

And here's the coup de grace to the rumor
Cugir arsenal to start manufacturing 60,000 assault rifles
http://actmedia.eu/companies/cugir-arsenal-to-start-manufacturing-60-000-assault-rifles/39446

They are making 60,000 assault rifles for their own military.
Like this one?


However there do appear to be resources leaving the country in significant numbers:
Romania census: Population stands at 1966 level of 19 million people, down 2.6 million as compared to 2002 census
http://english.hotnews.ro/stiri-top...ple-down-2-6-million-compared-2002-census.htm

Here's the Cugir factory list of "hunting rifles" and detailed specs on each: http://arms.home.ro/arms/pg/index.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Caligula said:
neinLG said:
...yesterday that cugir is not producing anything at this time because they are moving their plant to iraq. Is there any truth to this? If so why Iraq? Not exactly my first choice in moving as its still somewhat a war zone even though we aren't there anymore. Not to mention Iraqs future is not certain.



It was a friend of mine who owns his own store. I wasn't asking about a wasr he brought it up as a guess what.

that is the BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGEST load of bullshit I have heard, next to the SAIGA 12 import ban. you may not have been asking about a WASR, but more then likely what he is doing is coming up with that "pearl" in hopes you will jump in on buying one, or spreading his bullshit to others and they come in to buy one.

anybody can start a bullshit rumor and all it takes is for one gullible person to hear it, spread it and the next thing you know it, it hits the net, guns shows etc and gullible people believe it.... Ie. SAIGA 12 import ban, how many fell for that bullshit and bought S12 for stupid money. I can attest to the fact I have seen S12 bing sold for 1200+ bucks at the show.
He would know better than to try to push a wasr on me lol. Mostly because if anyone knows I will never waste my money on one its him. Honestly I dont know what was going through his head but thats why I asked. There are enough resources here on this forum to bring light to the bullshit. I just hope that you arent implying that I am the gullible party here. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,716 Posts
This sort of thing has come up before. I even fell for it with the recent protests they had in Romania. In the end if it came from a individual it's probably just rumor. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,988 Posts
Bondmen said:
I did a little searching on this topic and found this article from 1 year ago which addresses to some extent the status of the Cugir factory:
Romanian Cugir armament factory exports products worth 9 million dollars to the US
http://english.hotnews.ro/stiri-top...orts-products-worth-9-million-dollars-the.htm And there's more to this story here: http://actmedia.eu/daily/romanian-c...ducts-worth-9-million-dollars-to-the-us/32889

And here's the coup de grace to the rumor [quote:hiu1j3vv]Cugir arsenal to start manufacturing 60,000 assault rifles
http://actmedia.eu/companies/cugir-arsenal-to-start-manufacturing-60-000-assault-rifles/39446

They are making 60,000 assault rifles for their own military.
Like this one?


However there do appear to be resources leaving the country in significant numbers:
Romania census: Population stands at 1966 level of 19 million people, down 2.6 million as compared to 2002 census
http://english.hotnews.ro/stiri-top...ple-down-2-6-million-compared-2002-census.htm

Here's the Cugir factory list of "hunting rifles" and detailed specs on each: http://arms.home.ro/arms/pg/index.html[/quote:hiu1j3vv]
I wish they would make 60,000 PSL mags and send them this way,
 

·
Technical Advisor
Joined
·
15,735 Posts
I would rather have some of the 5.45 stuff RPK74., and AIMR stocks and 20 round 5.45 mags etc.
They can keep the PSL stuff I have that covered. :smile:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top