AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug2508-major_fire.117ce9e5.html

Crazy as hell! I am back home now but it is so smokey outside you can barely breath! These homes were about 3/4 of a mile away! My wife and I grabbed our Laptops, Id's, passports, and the dog! Loaded everything in the car turned on the sprinklers and then I just couldn't leave without running and grabbing my Polytech spiker and 2 SBR Krinks! I am glad as hell our house didn't burn! Closest call I have had!

T :neutral:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Good save on the Polytech spiker and SBRs. :grin:

Seriously though, I'm glad you made it out OK and had a home to return to.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Glad to hear that you, your family, dog ,and all you household goods are alright! :smile:

That must be one hell of a scary feeling.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was pretty nuts! I guess 41 fire stations and the BLM were called in? Its still burning and now a women is missing! I am sitting here now thinking about trying to explain to an insurance adjuster the difference between a Izzy bakelite an a Romy mag :smile: Really though I am very happy my house didn't burn and my family is safe! The fire chief said this is the biggest fire he has ever dealt with! They have a command station set up about 2 blocks from my house as we speak!

T

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Glad your safe, and I hope all the other area members are as well.
I saw the news, and they reported it started as a brush fire? Thats a hell
of a deal. A brush fire moving that fast, and causing so much chaos.

Must be very dry there now.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
surf99 said:
Glad your safe, and I hope all the other area members are as well.
I saw the news, and they reported it started as a brush fire? Thats a hell
of a deal. A brush fire moving that fast, and causing so much chaos.

Must be very dry there now.
Well the problem was we had a hell of a wind storm come through 50+ MPH winds! It was like driving through a war zone there was so much smoke! 10+ police cars blew by me with loud speakers and going Door to door to get people out! 7 police officers went to the hospital for smoke inhalation! The damn thing moved so fast with the wind! I have never seen anything like it! God I am thankful my house didn't burn down! The smoke is still so bad I cant go outside! Smells like burning plastic! :neutral: Thanks for the comments from all of you!

T

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Glad you came out good, it's a hell of a bad feeling when everything you've built and worked for is on the brink of disaster.

When things calm down but while everything is still fresh in your mind, make a list of things that would aid you in a future situation. I can see adding a couple full face respirators to your go bag.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Man, glad to hear you guys are okay. It is amazing how fragile our lives really are. Thank God for the protection :hail:

·
Registered
446 Posts
glad to hear everything is allright man.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
:shock: glad to hear your doing good man, thats some scary stuff :grin:

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
I'm Happy that it didn't reach you guys!

A good friend/customer that I put a 1200 sq ft addition on his house, the house just burnt down to the ground, we did alot of great detail work on that addition and it is a shame. I saw the fire that day about seven miles away, the smoke was a good two thousand feet up (solid black) and I was stuck in traffic thinking to myself that poor bastard whoevers house that is burning and it ends up being a house that I built :neutral: lol. It was an electrical fire so the fire inspector says, but I pulled permits on that house and everything was green stickered and I didn't personally do the electrical work, I subed it out. What an aweful event a house fire is.

·
Registered
703 Posts
WOW...that is really bad!

I was in a similar situtation last year when a wild fire got out of control near our house. The cops went door to door telling people to leave. Thank God the winds started dieing down just shortly afterwards and they was able to cntain the fire. If it had happened just a few hours sooner, things would have been different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts