AK Rifles banner

i Shoot with a cple of Fed field Agents one is ATF they told

5K views 43 replies 33 participants last post by  brownstown 
#1 ·
Me that Century had screwed the pooch-BADLY-on some big deal paperwork and other issues and that very very soon it would be made public and Century would be out of the industry until they were done with them.

Which by what the guy with the supposed first hand knowledge might be
forever.Now i have shot with both of these guys for a few years now and have yet to catch them throwing BS around-but there is a first time for everything.

What could a company as big and at this as long as they have been do to cause them to step on them that hard..?I told them both i was calling
Bulls*#t on it.Bet them a case of ammo-thier choioce.

So anyone here heard anything like that anywhere...???

#2 ·
I haven't heard anything but it wouldn't suprise me.

Paperwork has been the downfall of many a FFL and manufacturer.

Remember the 7K of Romanian military AK's that were labled as "truck parts" that got stopped in Italy and the shit storm that caused? Century.

Because of that, you can't ship stuff from container ships out of the Black Sea anymore.

#3 ·
Current ATF strategery.

They are being extremely critical of paperwork, all I's must dotted all T's must be crossed. things that they used to let slide, slide no more. They are doing the same to the FFL's. Essentially they are letting the people put themselves out of business or lose their license becasue of poor or improper paperwork..

#4 ·
ATF

Wow dammit i hope he doesnt want a case of .223.
He said it started with a real big SNAFU on paper and went downhill from there.He told me to buy and/or trade for as many AK guns as i could becuase Century builds so many.Until this issue is resolved-no more.

Oh he said something about barrles..??What in gods name could they do wrong with friggin barrels..?

I am hopeing so bad he's either blowing smoke up my A*& or makeing a bigger deal out it than what it is.Any blip on the radar and AK's/AR's,etc.
Will go thru the roof.It would really hurt alot of us who have to save up for a top end AK purchase.

#8 ·
I asked him that-he said it would be public like any day so its not gonna be an issue.I thought and asked the same thing.
Oooooor he's full of S*#t.....im hopeing for the latter as we dont need another black market like the one that was created after the first AWB.

#9 ·
BigAL said:
Current ATF strategery.

They are being extremely critical of paperwork, all I's must dotted all T's must be crossed. things that they used to let slide, slide no more. They are doing the same to the FFL's. Essentially they are letting the people put themselves out of business or lose their license becasue of poor or improper paperwork..
I read that "improper" could be something as ridiculous as "Phila. instead of Philadelphia", or something else arbitrary and overstepping along those lines. But hey, if banning imported guns and spelling out cities fully even if it cannot fit in the less than 1" space provided will make us safer... :lol:

#10 ·
CGSteve said:
BigAL said:
Current ATF strategery.

I read that "improper" could be something as ridiculous as "Phila. instead of Philadelphia", or something else arbitrary and overstepping along those lines. But hey, if banning imported guns and spelling out cities fully even if it cannot fit in the less than 1" space provided will make us safer... :lol:
My three main FFL's I deal with for transfers all do it different on the 4473's. Some allow abbreviations and other want it spelled completely. Blank blocks are either N/A or left blank. I am sure there is a "correct" way and a way the auditors want it.

ATF just needs to be abolished.

#11 ·
I can see that crap happening, a local store that had been a bastion of well priced rifles, guns, and ammunition ran into problems with the Feds. All it took was for one of the employees to sell a "few" guns without filling out the proper paperwork or crossing all the T's and dotting the i's, or even sending it in at the proper time. It was a huge deal and a terrific impact on their business which had been in town for decades, I've been in town 35 years and they were well established back then. It was the kind of store that when you found something you wanted you checked them to see if you could get it for less, and usually could.

#12 ·
I can see this happening .....there was/ is a long standing dealer in KY that had a few minor paperwork violations that ATF blew up into a major deal and he wound up losing his FFL over it. Fortunately he found someone else to get a FFL and went right on doing business under that persons FFL.

Except that now when you call the greeting on the phone is "XXX guns doing business as XXXX gunworld." I'm just glad he managed to stay in business.

ATF should definately be abolished.

#13 ·
Hootbro said:
CGSteve said:
BigAL said:
Current ATF strategery.

My three main FFL's I deal with for transfers all do it different on the 4473's. Some allow abbreviations and other want it spelled completely. Blank blocks are either N/A or left blank. I am sure there is a "correct" way and a way the auditors want it.

ATF just needs to be abolished.
Yup.
Since I've been in the business, I can vouch that 4473s are all done differently depending on the FFL. I personally try to get EVERYTHING
spelled out completely to cover my ass and the ass of the business I
am currently employed under.

As for the Century issue-TAG.

#17 ·
xcibes said:
I call :bullshit: on this BUT even if it is true, there are other importers of AKs out there. Come on there is RAA with the Saigas, and also this could be a good opportunity for Arsenal to really take over the Market, if they ever figure out how to build stamped guns :roll: Other people can fill the vacum left by Century's demise....the market is there, are we just going to rollover and die just 'cause the ATF says we should?The hell with them, other people will find a way to import or build these. For a long time the AUG was unimportable and outrageously expensive, now we have AUGs coming out of the woodwork.......and made in the USA. I am sure somebody will find a way...cheap they will not be but they will be out there IMHO.

ETA: Quality receivers, FCGs, gas pistons, and stock sets are already being made in the USA, some barrels are also being made though not in quantity and more can be made here just as good as imported barrels, all the other parts can be still be imported, there is no reason AK production cannot start in the USA....trunnions bolts and bolt carriers are difficult to make here but they can be imported, so can gas tubes, gas blocks and RSBs as well as eveything else. All we need is the will to do this.
Good speech. Very Braveheart-like. Reminded me of Wallace calling on the people not to bow to the "Ainglash". :goof:

#19 ·
Well all in can say is i saw him again today and he swears it will be public very soon--i.e. he said he isnt stupid enough to give it away early enough that it will make any difference.

Food for thought he bought 6 AK's in the last month.He is an AR die hard-only bought them as investment pieces to use his words.When we do our run and guns and three gun stuff with the state troop and DEA guys i am the only AK guy there.

The 74' i got from INRANGE has been kicking ass-love that damn thing-Those AR guys cant keep their hands off it...lol

Once again who knows-i guess if and when the shoe drops then we will all know.

#23 ·
bobehud said:
Well all in can say is i saw him again today and he swears it will be public very soon--i.e. he said he isnt stupid enough to give it away early enough that it will make any difference.

Food for thought he bought 6 AK's in the last month.He is an AR die hard-only bought them as investment pieces to use his words.When we do our run and guns and three gun stuff with the state troop and DEA guys i am the only AK guy there.

The 74' i got from INRANGE has been kicking ass-love that damn thing-Those AR guys cant keep their hands off it...lol

Once again who knows-i guess if and when the shoe drops then we will all know.
...and then he tells a guy who almost immediately posts it on an internet forum with 13,000 members, where it will spread to other internet forums within hours. :twisted:

#25 ·
Krinkfreak said:
I've been told 5 or 6 big companys are fixing to have the axe dropped on their necks. Vector is one of them.

As I hear more info I will post it.

KF
damn hate to hear that, this can only be bad for us.

:sad: :neutral:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.