AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While recently cleaning my SFC, I accidentally pulled the trigger and the hammer assembly smacked into the back of the ejector claw. There was a small nick left in the ejector nearest it's base.

Do you fellas think this could have done any permanent damage to any of the parts involved?

The SFC is a milled receiver gun.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Are you talking about the hammer hitting the back of the ejector of a milled AK?

I wouldn't do it again on purpose, but you've done no harm to the rifle.

Makes an ugly mark, though.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
I did that to one of my SA M7R's. I immediately ran to the range to make sure I didn't do any permanent harm.

Results?

The gun ran fine.

I theorize that the hammer and ejector are of similar hardnesses (my hammer was dinged too). The fact that the ejector was "dented" meant that it has some "give" and is not in danger of cracking. I also think that if it had cracked from accidentally letting the hammer hit it, then it would have certainly broken off or cracked worse after putting another 200 rounds through it.

After my "emergency" range session, I cleaned the rifle and examined the ejector with a bright LED light. The dent is still there, but I see no evidence of cracking.

I think you're fine, but if anyone else has some good info as to why you and I should still worry about it, please chime in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts